Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #561
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion100 View Post
I paid 1,395.83 euro that`s about 1550 dollar.
As expected.It's sad to say but this is a decent price for us europeans....
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #562
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I hear you up here in Canada i paid the a bit more with exchange rate
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #563
Oblivion100
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Yes indeed, I can live with that price. It`s totally worth it. So about 300-400 euro`s charged for delivery and profit for external seller. Decent extra costs. Knowing it has to travel halve the globe.
Oblivion100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #564
Leekson

Quote:
Yes indeed, I can live with that price. It`s totally worth it. So about 300-400 euro`s charged for delivery and profit for external seller. Decent extra costs. Knowing it has to travel halve the globe.
Of course it's totally worth it. Knowing how much one pack of cigarettes or beer cost in EU, it's not that expensive. It's all a matter of priorities. Either you want it badly or not. If you really want it, you will order it!
I'm really glad for you man. One thing I know for sure and it is that even in a 10 years from now, when you walk through your room in a big hurry, you will look at that bust with the corner of your eye and put a little smile on your face
As Parallax said: "Simply put, I would be more upset not having this perfect Velociraptor bust than I would be spending $1k. Truth be told, if it's not this it would be spent on something else."
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #565
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

I've decided not to order and I'll wait for the raptor kitchen diorama instead.It's just too much for what it is.I know 'Universal' rights and Toynami production don't come cheap but ultimately I'm comparing it with life size busts such as the Prime 1 ID4 life size alien bust (similar dimensions,32" tall) which comes with a full torso,both arms and will be delivered in translucent resin for 850,- euros!
This raptor head is a fantastic piece and if it was priced similar to their 1/5 T-rex bust (900 euros) I would have order it...1400-1500 euros is just too much for basically a head.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #566
Oblivion100
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
I'm really glad for you man. One thing I know for sure and it is that even in a 10 years from now, when you walk through your room in a big hurry, you will look at that bust with the corner of your eye and put a little smile on your face
Thank you Leekson! I`m really glad I did the purchase. You did too?
It will fit well next to the other purchases I made: T-Rex Bust and breakout Rex. Can`t wait for the first to arrive.

Quote:
This raptor head is a fantastic piece and if it was priced similar to their 1/5 T-rex bust (900 euros) I would have order it...1400-1500 euros is just too much for basically a head.
It`s a LOT bigger then the Rex Bust. Impossible to price it like the Rex Bust in Europe.
I`m glad they really wanted to make the 1:1 scale Raptor Bust for us!
Oblivion100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #567
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Besides the cold cast eyes. This is an amazing piece. The only one. It's gonna be a b*tch to ship it to the UK but I couldn't let this go.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #568
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:

It`s a LOT bigger then the Rex Bust. Impossible to price it like the Rex Bust in Europe.

I`m glad they really wanted to make the 1:1 scale Raptor Bust for us!
Yep.I'm glad for you guys!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #569
JurassicHead40
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
I've decided not to order and I'll wait for the raptor kitchen diorama instead.It's just too much for what it is.I know 'Universal' rights and Toynami production don't come cheap but ultimately I'm comparing it with life size busts such as the Prime 1 ID4 life size alien bust (similar dimensions,32" tall) which comes with a full torso,both arms and will be delivered in translucent resin for 850,- euros!
I'm with you as far as the Raptor Kitchen Diorama...that sounds like an amazing piece to own, consider how well the T Rex Breakout looks, I can only imagine how awesome this thing will look. Plus we will get (I assume), TWO raptors...and maybe Lex or Tim in there.

For me, the main reason for not going with the bust is just the size. I don't have the room, and I'd hate to have this $1K piece of art sitting in a box in my basement awaiting for a place to put it, when we don't know what will be coming down the pike 2 years from now. As far as the price, I actually don't think its too bad for what you are getting in overall size, and detail. But that's a different conversation.

I'm happy for the ones how are getting this though
JurassicHead40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #570
Leekson

Quote:
Thank you Leekson! I`m really glad I did the purchase. You did too?
No man, I've ordered only Breakout Rex.
I'm wondering what scale Raptors in the kitchen are gonna be? Did Paul mentioned 1:9?
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote