Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-25-2023, 05:59 AM   #11
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If you want them sure, but everything available is stuff that has been sitting. It's on sale for a reason, it ain't selling.
Most people that wanted them already got them at full retail a year or two ago. People not in the hobby back then or someone just not wanting to pay retail can fill out their collection. I know I would pick up a few even with the crazy shipping if I didn't already have all the ones I wanted from the list. All are still way cheaper than I paid, even from US retailers.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:14 AM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Most people that wanted them already got them at full retail a year or two ago. People not in the hobby back then or someone just not wanting to pay retail can fill out their collection. I know I would pick up a few even with the crazy shipping if I didn't already have all the ones I wanted from the list. All are still way cheaper than I paid, even from US retailers.
Most of that stuff has been on every sale for a long time, some new ones but still sitters. Sure there are some nice ones like the p2 but fact is you can get them from a us retailer at a good price without having to spend a ton more to get another statue you don't really want. There would be some ok deals with decent shipping, with the shipping it is if you're in the US you're better off getting it elsewhere.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:08 AM   #13
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Both Gantz babes for 419 $ is quite a steal. I wish I didn't have them already. ;/
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:20 AM   #14
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I did a test with the bogo by putting 4 pieces in the cart. The two cheapest ones are automatically $0.
The problem for me is that I live far from them and the shipping absorbs up all the bogo promo. When will they return with more normal costs?
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #15
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Most of that stuff has been on every sale for a long time, some new ones but still sitters. Sure there are some nice ones like the p2 but fact is you can get them from a us retailer at a good price without having to spend a ton more to get another statue you don't really want. There would be some ok deals with decent shipping, with the shipping it is if you're in the US you're better off getting it elsewhere.
Of course if all you want is one piece it might not be ideal, but if you can find 2, then you can't beat those prices anywhere for most of them. I am also tempted by ones like Sentinel Prime even though I don't really collect Transformers(only have 1 other), even with ~$500 shipping it is still well below anywhere else I can find.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:26 AM   #16
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
When will they return with more normal costs?

Never.

That's like asking when the Airlines will stop charging for a checked bag. Even when fuel rates went down, everything stayed the same.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:31 AM   #17
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Never.

That's like asking when the Airlines will stop charging for a checked bag. Even when fuel rates went down, everything stayed the same.
Yes, I remember ~10 years or so ago when companies added that fuel surcharge to shipping parcels. Said it was "temporary", but instead of going back down or away they actually started increasing prices ~10% every year now just because they can and people still pay it.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:57 AM   #18
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
If you want them sure, but everything available is stuff that has been sitting. It's on sale for a reason, it ain't selling.
Yeah, Prime 1 is partly to blame for this.
I would buy Wonder Woman Injustice 2 Limited Edition.
I've always liked the statue but it can only be ordered through Prime 1. Then they should just keep them.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #19
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Both Gantz babes for 419 $ is quite a steal. I wish I didn't have them already. ;/
I have no idea who those characters are, but damn they look cool.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:31 PM   #20
Gitaroo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I am suprised thost Gantz ladies are not sold out, they look amazing. I would have bought the white version of both if they got Reika version instock since I already have the black ones.
Gitaroo is offline   Reply With Quote