Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-25-2023, 05:10 PM   #21
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Of course if all you want is one piece it might not be ideal, but if you can find 2, then you can't beat those prices anywhere for most of them. I am also tempted by ones like Sentinel Prime even though I don't really collect Transformers(only have 1 other), even with ~$500 shipping it is still well below anywhere else I can find.
Very few are 60% off (almost none actually) just to get rid of their stuck. Yeah if you really want some of those leftovers then it indeed quite cheap. That gold galvatron is even more off, just most people don't want them they are super cheap, again because nobody is buying. There is a grand total of like 9 things on their limited offer page, 6 if you don't count the repaints and the non old TF stuff is only 30% (so more expensive with shipping then from a local retailer). Sure I can get that frog thing for a steal.... they've only had it available for the better part of a decade now :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Never.

That's like asking when the Airlines will stop charging for a checked bag. Even when fuel rates went down, everything stayed the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, I remember ~10 years or so ago when companies added that fuel surcharge to shipping parcels. Said it was "temporary", but instead of going back down or away they actually started increasing prices ~10% every year now just because they can and people still pay it.
Shipping prices are actually a lot better, just not at Prime 1 or Sideshow. I have 3 statues shipping to me right now, one from China that is quite large and it was $100. Another from South America in 2 boxes and it's barely over $100. Another from China that is a 1/4 (with a sizeable base) is $65. A year or two ago something that same size from the same group cost me another $100 on top of that. A statue I'm looking at from AUSTRALIA that is large is $175. I have definitely seen prices go down quite a bit from groups that I buy stuff from and ship from China. It's nowhere near pre-pandemic for sure, no more getting DHL for large boxes at $80-100.

These P1 prices are way higher than even pandemic level prices. The big game cover art Predator that was like mid 2021 was $220 to ship (two large boxes). The Sauron I got from them mid 2022 which was 2 even bigger boxes was $307. I looked at the PCS 1/3 Bison that was on sale at SS the other day and I put in the shipping specs they listed and the price me (a normal person) could get was $80 (30%) less than what Sideshow is charging. These prices are definetely jacked up. I'd like to say yeah for sure they have started padding their shipping prices but who knows maybe their shipping departments just need to get their head out of their ass. It's not the carriers entirely though, not at all, it's P1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
I am suprised thost Gantz ladies are not sold out, they look amazing. I would have bought the white version of both if they got Reika version instock since I already have the black ones.
Shipping is pretty cheap on those so worth going for tbh, assuming the don't adjust the rate up.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:48 PM   #22
Davidian
Omega Flight

Snagged both Gantz ladies for $419 and did the slow boat shipping for $92, so both for $511? Hell yeah, best way to get them both!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:09 PM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

It's the original shipping rate no doubt so hopefully they don't adjust it ;p
Old 11-25-2023, 07:23 PM   #24
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, this just doesn't add up sadly. I figured I might finally bite and grab a cracked tusk Predator, only the reg is included, but I figured if it was a bargain, that wouldn't matter. So I added two to the basket with the intention of selling one on quick and cheap. On the face of it, they both went to the basket at $437 each (absolute steal!) But then the shipping was almost $1300 (UK still has no economy option) Add that to the import duty and it brings them to about $2562, or $1280 each. That's more than I've seen a few ex versions on Ebay for recently, and they didn't sell...

Good deal if you're local I guess, or even if you've been on the fence with an item in the deal. But it's about time Prime 1 sort out their shipping as at this point they are very clearly inflating it and hiding profit in there.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:32 PM   #25
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, this just doesn't add up sadly. I figured I might finally bite and grab a cracked tusk Predator, only the reg is included, but I figured if it was a bargain, that wouldn't matter. So I added two to the basket with the intention of selling one on quick and cheap. On the face of it, they both went to the basket at $437 each (absolute steal!) But then the shipping was almost $1300 (UK still has no economy option) Add that to the import duty and it brings them to about $2562, or $1280 each. That's more than I've seen a few ex versions on Ebay for recently, and they didn't sell...

Good deal if you're local I guess, or even if you've been on the fence with an item in the deal. But it's about time Prime 1 sort out their shipping as at this point they are very clearly inflating it and hiding profit in there.
The economy shipping price to the US is $964 so not really all that better even if you had economy.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:40 PM   #26
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Snagged both Gantz ladies for $419 and did the slow boat shipping for $92, so both for $511? Hell yeah, best way to get them both!
Great deal! Those are 1/4 scale, yeah?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:58 PM   #27
SDguy

Quote:
Killer deal!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:42 PM   #28
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Great deal! Those are 1/4 scale, yeah?

Yes sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Killer deal!

Agreed. Thought it was too good to be true, but couldn't pass it up. Now the wait until they arrive.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:57 PM   #29
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yes sir!

Agreed. Thought it was too good to be true, but couldn't pass it up. Now the wait until they arrive.
Wow, that's insane for two detailed 1/4 statues. Congrats!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:05 PM   #30
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, that's insane for two detailed 1/4 statues. Congrats!

Thanks! Big Gantz fan, so this was a no brainer.