Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2024, 01:17 AM   #11
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
Wait the company known for amazing statues and bad customer service gave you bad customer service? Why the nerve!
Saying their statues are amazing is pushing it don't you think? I mean, in general, they are really nice - but I wouldn't use the term "amazing" to describe anything they've put out.

There's bad customer service and then there is this - which is borderline fraud.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:22 AM   #12
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I agree with most of what you said. I'm not too sure about the short timer comment. That would've applied years ago, but I'm not sure if it applies today with the current market.

It is true that statue collectors will put up with a lot so long as they get their fix. Prime 1 isn't the first statue company to treat its customers like crap. I'm just dumbfounded by what they are pulling this time.
1st of all definitely do not take anything I say as a lack of sympathy, it is a sucky situation all the way around.

When I say it is in their favor I mean you have no recourse. Too long for PayPal /Credit Card protection, too far away for them to feel threatened by anything legal...

Did they offer to refund deposits when you put them on hold? How long were they held? .
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:25 AM   #13
qz33
Doctor Doom

And When I say they know what they are doing about short timers most P1 direct customers from the U.S. are few and far between orders, and a customer is only a customer per transaction. They are perfectly fine with you never buying from them direct they know eventually it will sell or already has on the waitlist. Them keeping your PO money is worth it in their eyes and they've well run all the numbers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:14 AM   #14
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Saying their statues are amazing is pushing it don't you think? I mean, in general, they are really nice - but I wouldn't use the term "amazing" to describe anything they've put out.

There's bad customer service and then there is this - which is borderline fraud.
Agreed! Thats why they started working together with Blitzway hoping to gain a quality/likeness upgrade for their human movie statues.

And what about this marketing sponsorship? I can still hear mr. Biased say it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Biased
Thank you to our fantastic friends over at Prime1 for giving us this absolute dreampiece! This fantastic magical piece of art is truly a dream come true for every collector
Literally 2 months later, he sells the statue and says the exact same thing about another random Prime1 statue, while bashing other companies (also their CS) that do not sponsor him directly
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:21 AM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

I dunno they've been disappointed with sales and their ES has been getting lower and lower, their recent sales with the free shipping is new too. I doubt they are happy with sales, but I also doubt they will change their ----ty CS.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:30 AM   #16
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
1st of all definitely do not take anything I say as a lack of sympathy, it is a sucky situation all the way around.

When I say it is in their favor I mean you have no recourse. Too long for PayPal /Credit Card protection, too far away for them to feel threatened by anything legal...

Did they offer to refund deposits when you put them on hold? How long were they held? .
Don't worry - I didn't take it bad. And you're right - it's definitely in their favor.

When the shipping charges more than doubled, the offer was to cancel with a deposit refund or put them on hold. I know their customer service was sketchy, but I never thought they'd do something like this. This is the type of stuff that I expect from an eBay seller, not a large company.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:32 AM   #17
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And When I say they know what they are doing about short timers most P1 direct customers from the U.S. are few and far between orders, and a customer is only a customer per transaction. They are perfectly fine with you never buying from them direct they know eventually it will sell or already has on the waitlist. Them keeping your PO money is worth it in their eyes and they've well run all the numbers.
Ah, now I get what you mean. It's a very poor business model and very short sighted. That type of customer service will eventually bite them - though, it might have already with the economy. I would think the ones buying now would have less tolerance for something like that and would avoid them.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:34 AM   #18
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Agreed! Thats why they started working together with Blitzway hoping to gain a quality/likeness upgrade for their human movie statues.

And what about this marketing sponsorship? I can still hear mr. Biased say it:

Literally 2 months later, he sells the statue and says the exact same thing about another random Prime1 statue, while bashing other companies that do not sponsor him directly
That's a good point about Blitzway. I never thought of that.

No clue who Mr Biased is - I don't even think I've seen his posts. LOL (well I don't look at every sub forum here)
Old 01-19-2024, 02:36 AM   #19
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I dunno they've been disappointed with sales and their ES has been getting lower and lower, their recent sales with the free shipping is new too. I doubt they are happy with sales, but I also doubt they will change their ----ty CS.
This

Sadly with their lower ES, some of the pieces don't even make it to Sideshow and other vendors, and when they do, are very limited.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:47 AM   #20
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

And that is one of the reasons I never order direct from P1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshotter.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	167610  
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote