Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #31
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

my lcs has this on his shelfs at retail. he has the original bowen standing spiderman, phoenix, wolverine, mr fantastic, plus a lot more at original price. i should buy these and flip them since he is not going to do that. he does not raise the price of items or deal with back issues just to make an extra buck. nice guy he has been in the bussiness for years. i am surpriesed that these items dont sell with all the military that goes in and out of here.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #32
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This is an amazing statue. I saw it in my lcs and was just struck by its power. I just couldn't buy it, though. As someone who used to work in 2 World Trade Center and had friends in those buildings, I didn't want to look at a reminder of 9-11 every day. That said, it's very tastefully and respectfully done. The execution is nearly flawless. I almost bought furie's, and have been tempted to buy this one since, but decided I just didn't want it in my house.

Interestingly, despite having a family of Holocaust survivors, I'm going to snatch up Bowen's Red Skull as soon as it hits the market. It may be that the Cap piece is too close to real events while the Skull is a fictionalized character within a real and horrible reality.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote