Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Bioshock 2

So who else here is excited about this one?

I got my copy pre-ordered through amazon for $55 and they threw in a $10 off coupon for a future game purchase. Great deal IMO. Plus the game will be on my doorstep waiting for me when I get home on Tuesday.

Bioshock is still my favorite XBOX 360 game and I think the sequel looks like another masterpiece. Love the mood, setting and overall creepy feel of Rapture. The fact that you get to play as a Big Daddy this time around should really set this apart from the original.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I don't play a lot of games anymore but I LOVED Bioshock. I'm going to get the boxed set from Gamestop $99.99 because I really want the posters and HC art book that comes with it. I can't wait until next Tuesday!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I was REALLY tempted by the boxset but opted for the game only. Kind of regretting it a bit now as I'm a huge fan of the art design in Bioshock.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Heard that you can play online against other people now also.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah there is online multiplayer with this one.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Bioshock was my favorite game of 07 but I'm not really pumped about this....it stinks of cash-in sequel to me. Still, I might pick it up and try to have faith that it will prove me wrong. There are members from the original team on this, so it might end up being better than I expect.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Initially I felt the same way but after seeing some of what they're doing with this game I'm inclined to believe this isn't just a cash-in but a true sequel. Apparently it takes place 10 years after the first and you play as the first prototype Big Daddy which had Plasmid abilities. You can either harvest or adopt the little sisters so you're still faced with the difficult moral decisions that made the first game so unique. If you adopt them you carry her on your shoulder until its time for her to harvest ADAM. Then you protect her from the onslaught of Splicers that her actions attract as well as a brand new adversary in the Big Sister. Plus you can now traverse on the outside of the underwater city of Rapture. More than most sequels this seems to be a true expansion of the first installment rather than just more of the same.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yeah, I watched a few dev commented videos awhile back on IGN (maybe from the last E3? I forget) as well as the first 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay. To be honest, the little sister protect missions don't really entice me and that seemed to be one of their new focuses. I usually HATE protect the AI missions. On the plus side, a recent interview talked about those missions being designed as to not cause the usual frustration associated with protect missions (damn AI screwed me over, restart the missions deals).

The biggest thing to me that made me get that "cash-in" feeling was the big sisters...where did they come from? Why wouldn't we have seen them before? I don't ask these questions in a way where I'm actually curious about the answers. They came into play because they wanted to put something in the game that was badder than the big daddy and was cool enough to attract people's attention again. It had the opposite effect on me.

The one major change I like is the fact that you can use plasmids and weapons simultaneously. It always seemed odd that they didn't design the first that way, so it's a nice change for 2.

Eh, we'll see how it goes. I'll more than likely pick it up since I don't have much on the backlog. Fingers crossed that it's a great game.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Frankierock
Inhumans

Pr-orded mine from Toys r us ..you get an EX Big sister and Little Sister Figure Set...I can not wait for this Game...I think it is going to be better then the first..I mean come on who does not want to play as a Big Daddy..

Getting Dantes Inferno that day as well, another I am looking foward to.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Pr-orded mine from Toys r us ..you get an EX Big sister and Little Sister Figure Set...I can not wait for this Game...I think it is going to be better then the first..I mean come on who does not want to play as a Big Daddy..

Getting Dantes Inferno that day as well, another I am looking foward to.

Hmmm, I was going to blow $25 in Worst Buy reward zone bucks that I had, but I like this promo at TRU. Thanks for the headsup, think I will get it there.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote