Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #721
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Auto shop was drivin' me and another customer home after we had dropped our cars off to be serviced this morning.. a guy in two-way/four-lane traffic had a stroke right in front of us.. his head literally turned like...well over 90 degrees.. unnaturally.. we could see his face and his back was to us in the driver's seat, put it that way...

Anyways.. yeah.. we were the first people on the scene/closest people to his car, so the other passenger and I jumped out and kept the guy in his seat after opening his door (kept him from snapping his neck, though), his wife was trying to push him into the back and get into the driver's seat to drive away, so we forced her (basically, physically) to give us the keys.. she kept saying "he always has strokes, has for 15 years", etc).. I asked her why he was driving, then.. haha.. she's like "he takes pills for this, they'll pull him out of it.." yes, she was crazy.

Better than coffee... when it happened and he had the stroke, probably 12 cars swerved crazily to avoid being hit by him or hitting other people, our car being one...he was flooring it when he had the stroke, the wife had pried his foot from the gas pedal, she said...she wouldn't give us the keys initially, and we think one of the reasons why is because we found out that they're homeless (from her).. and I don't think homeless people have much respect/best relationship with authorities, so she didn't want them involved. Nice how she puts her wants and needs over those of her husband, let alone the many people in vehicles that he was very close to crashing into and possibly killing...obviously not his fault he had the stroke when he had it, but at the same time, if it's a regular issue he shouldn't be driving at all, I would think.

Anyways.. sorry...just exciting and scary.. happened just past 8 am and my heart's still goin' a little from it. Myself and the other two men cordoned off traffic until EMS arrived, etc, but we had our cars out in the middle of a pretty significant thoroughfare (as was the victim's, and moving his meant moving him from the driver's seat, which we wanted to leave for the ems staff)...having cars whip around you at 50 miles an hour is crazy.. we couldn't leave him and the car because that meant leaving her with him (she wouldn't budge), and she was somewhat...untrustworthy.

The driver for the autoshop could be in Nascar, though, the way he swerved to avoid everyone the seizing man sent at us by driving into oncoming traffic.. it was crazy.. we almost crashed into numerous cars hammering down on us, but he swerved around ALL of them. Happened in a matter of seconds, but deadly nonetheless.

Just.. craziness.
That's some crazy sh!te Arg!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #722
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

I can complain to much, knowing I got cash on the way!!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #723
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

and knowing I am one less box in the garage is good too!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #724
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickwinzs View Post
I can complain to much, knowing I got cash on the way!!
Quote:
and knowing I am one less box in the garage is good too!!!
Haha, yep! And probably another one or two here soon as well!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:07 AM   #725
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

That sounds good to me!!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:51 AM   #726
Davidian
Omega Flight

So what are you all up to? I'm just chillin' jamming some Dream Theater.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #727
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Sorry I was off to bed after I posted last night, I am off to the po to ship a few items off!!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #728
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Sorry I was off to bed after I posted last night, I am off to the po to ship a few items off!!
Cool! Soon Phoenix will be mine!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #729
Tattoo-X

Hey guys. Just on for a few minutes to see what's up. Just got off work and gotta go get some gas, check the mail, and pick up some movies. Then start the BBQer.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #730
Davidian
Omega Flight

Hey Tat!
Closed Thread