Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-04-2022, 04:01 AM   #81
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
another random thing that has been bugging me, but how did they get out of the Upside-Down after the Earthquakes? it doesn't really seem like any of the portals they used would still be accessible to them.
Holy s#it! That's a huge plot hole!

I'd say that the 'X' dimension rift should be gaping open, like the other portals and therefore they could just jump through...but that's not what the CG looked like. Looked molten or lava like, and not very hospitable. Plus, if they did go through that, that would have been something worth filming. Seeing their reactions as they emerge in the real world in the midst of that chaos. That really would change the tone of the last shot though, as it would be repetitious.

So it's either a big mistake, or a big flaw/missed opportunity!

EDIT: I saw Josh's post right after I posted, and he may be right, but I'll leave my thoughts anyway.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:09 AM   #82
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Holy s#it! That's a huge plot hole!

I'd say that the 'X' dimension rift should be gaping open, like the other portals and therefore they could just jump through...but that's not what the CG looked like. Looked molten or lava like, and not very hospitable. Plus, if they did go through that, that would have been something worth filming. Seeing their reactions as they emerge in the real world in the midst of that chaos. That really would change the tone of the last shot though, as it would be repetitious.

So it's either a big mistake, or a big flaw/missed opportunity!

EDIT: I saw Josh's post right after I posted, and he may be right, but I'll leave my thoughts anyway.
Even though this is a spoiler thread I'll put this in spoiler tags in two parts.

Spoiler
So while the end of the show is left up to the viewer's understanding my take was that the Skies and earth were being infected by the Up-side-down leaking into Hawkins. That's what the clouds were, why the flowers were dying and why the particles were showering down into Hawkins.

Okay so the next bit is speculation of Season 5.
Spoiler
So with the ending of season 4 having Hawkins being infected and there is a rumor of a time jump for the next season, i believe that the next season will actually start with a war for Hawkins being fought. Sort of a post-apocalyptic feel like Terminator or Mad Max but with the Stranger Things elements we're used to. This is of course completely speculation but to me it seems a likely place for it to go.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #83
Augen
Metal Men

Lot of good posts and questions here.

Did anyone else get a "The Thing" (one from the 80s) vibe from the Soviet prison finale? Snow, violent death, and a flamethrower in an isolated locale?

While I have some issues I think this is the best the show has been for me since the first season. I'll be curious if the final season actually kills an original character rather than introducing another new one to kill. (I really thought Steve was set up to die).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #84
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

Okay so the next bit is speculation of Season 5.
Spoiler
So with the ending of season 4 having Hawkins being infected and there is a rumor of a time jump for the next season, i believe that the next season will actually start with a war for Hawkins being fought. Sort of a post-apocalyptic feel like Terminator or Mad Max but with the Stranger Things elements we're used to. This is of course completely speculation but to me it seems a likely place for it to go.
I had a similar thought, Which makes Eddie even more of a waste, would?ve liked to see him actually fighting where it would matter and maybe clearing himself with the people who damned him
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:39 PM   #85
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’m only a few episodes in but this seasons has me more on the edge of my seat than any season beforehand.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 PM   #86
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

My niece likes talking about Stranger Things with me, and she latched onto an idea making the social media rounds, namely, that Henry/001/Vecna is Eleven's father.

When I first heard it, I mostly dismissed it. Then reading more about it, the details do line up. And certain things said in Vol 2 (the way Vecna says "you and I...we ARE different.") certainly fall in line with the theory as well.

And just now, I read an interview with Bower, who plays Vecna, and while his statements about the character aren't necessarily canon, he states that "...he loves Eleven. He loves her, but he loathes her." There were a few still shots that reminded me about how much time he spent with Eleven - and pretty much only Eleven - which further aids the theory.

I think it would be incredibly weird to have 001 playing an orderly, overseeing his daughter in captivity (if he even knows that Eleven is his daughter). Not a real big fan of the idea, but I certainly think it's possible now.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:03 PM   #87
MrYac
Hercules

from the experiments i kind of got the impression Henry's DNA was used to create all the kids, otherwise why else would he have been the only one for so long?
Old 07-04-2022, 10:44 PM   #88
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
from the experiments i kind of got the impression Henry's DNA was used to create all the kids, otherwise why else would he have been the only one for so long?
That didn't occur to me, but I think it's unlikely. I think Brenner was focusing all his efforts on Henry for quite a while, until he finally determined that he couldn't control him, as Vecna himself states repeatedly. Then, he decided to bring in other recruits, and/or perform experiments on older patients like Terry Ives, who were pregnant. DNA usage might have been a little advanced for back then. Since Stranger Things is basing it all on Project MKUltra, that mainly focused on drug use (psychedelics, etc) and other treatments.

You could be right, but right now I'm thinking the DNA stuff is low probability, except for possibly 'naturally' fathering Eleven of course...
Old 07-04-2022, 10:51 PM   #89
MrYac
Hercules

considering his repulsion with the human condition and the whole "eat, sleep, reproduce" lecture after killing all the kids, i find it unlikely he was out banging randos on Papa's orders though.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:54 PM   #90
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Haha...yeah, right. So that's one in the column of 'unlikely father'. And that's fine by me. And it's just my gut that says they wouldn't have been using DNA at that point. I'd have to go back and watch, but I don't think the kids looked all that similar, did they?