Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #11
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I saw a unfinished version of this movie, I don't recall if it was the entire movie, probably not, but it was not good and neither was Palicki
Again, it was a joke. I was being factitious.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #12
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I think Gal will be back. I think Gunn and Co. just didn't want to work with a script that is as bad as WW84.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #13
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I think Gal will be back. I think Gunn and Co. just didn't want to work with a script that is as bad as WW84.
I'd rather have no new WW movie than a movie like WW84.
I love GG, but if the movie goes a different direction as the 1st one, maybe a clean start with a different actress isn't a bad idea.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:31 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

Bring back Adrianne Palicki!

Spoiler

Mmm now got the urge to pop some bubbles.
Gal Gadot just wants to get paid. She makes a nice WW but so can lots of others.
Same with The Rock/Black Adam. They want those Marvel deals.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:10 PM   #15
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

WW 1984 was not as good as first WW film, but it wasn't an unwatchable mess like many people mentioned. I watched it on cable tv and it was ok. i give it a 6,5/10.

I like Gadot, but it won't be a deal breaker for me, if Gunn wants to go a different direction with a new actress.

I like Gunn, but i heard that he thought about using Bat-Mite... and even hearing the name Bat-Mite made my blood freez in my vains in terror... I always hate that stupid creature... And absolutely abhore seeing it anywhere near Batman in any media. Bat-Mite is total cringe.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:17 PM   #16
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

well just as a warning the latest issue of Nightwing shows that Nightwing has his own imp named Nite-Mite. (It was a very good story and very enjoyable.)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:25 PM   #17
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
well just as a warning the latest issue of Nightwing shows that Nightwing has his own imp named Nite-Mite. (It was a very good story and very enjoyable.)
After reading Tom King's Batman run, i washed my hands from American Super Hero Comics. Enough of that cringe fest. I will only complete some of my Omnibus vols. and i am done.

Long live Manga !!!
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 11:35 PM   #18
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I'd rather have no new WW movie than a movie like WW84.
I love GG, but if the movie goes a different direction as the 1st one, maybe a clean start with a different actress isn't a bad idea.
Agreed. WW84 was so bad in so many ways that it feels like a fever dream.

If it is more of that, then do pretty much anything else.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:26 PM   #19
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/

-------------

James Gunn is now running the DC movies and trying to get it all aligned and cohesive.

What does this mean for Wonder Woman 3?

Hard to say.

Could mean Gunn looked at Jenkins script and said "No" or "Try Again".

Could mean it is scrapped entirely and new writer/director will do it.

Could mean a reboot completely and Gadot is out as well.

I have mixed emotions here. I loved Wonder Woman 1 and hated Wonder Woman 2 (1984), but I always thought Gadot was great in the role. That isn't to say someone else couldn't pull it off and be a great Diana.

My biggest concern is we could be going a long time while they figure it out and puts a lot of pressure to get it right under Gunn.
James Gunn responded to the story by stating on Twitter that some of the story is true, some of the story is wrong, and some details about the DCU's future have yet to be decided.

I know Zack Snyder has a lot of fans, but I don't think Snyder himself knows what he's doing. He made a big deal out of Superman being a beacon of hope, but there are constant reminders in both BvS and Justice League that Superman is a danger to Earth in the future. If you think about it, instead of resurrecting Superman to fight Steppenwolf, the heroes should've just tried to take on Steppenwolf without Superman. Clearly there are other heroes (such as Mera), maybe even villains (such as Deadshot and other characters from Suicide Squad) who could've joined the fight.

And wtf was the point of including Martian Manhunter if he wasn't going to participate? That character was the biggest troll in the four-hour version of Justice League.

WW 1984 was fun but had some serious flaws that should've been fixed when the movie kept being delayed bc of the pandemic.

1) It was too long.
2) What was the point of using the IMAX ratio for the last couple minutes of the movie, when it was just her flying and talking to the guy?
3) They should've brought back Steve Trevor out of thin air instead of having him inhabit another man's body. As it was, Diana basically raped another man when she slept "with Steve". This was truly odd, troubling, and hard to believe made it into a movie post-MeToo.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #20
Augen
The Hulk

Some clarification.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote