Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-14-2021, 04:33 AM   #941
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
... It was just cooler if, being a girl like myself, you saw them take down the guys or save the lead sometimes.

Now a days somebody may call that woke, I call it reminding women and men and women aren't slouches and can carry burdens and kick ass too. We all on here may clearly see that because we all enjoy genres that routinely have strong (both mental and physical) women leads and characters. But there is a great wide world of places - including the US - where women don't get to see that. Where women are viewed as less than. It's little things like Teela being strong that could change how a girl views herself.

Where in the U.S.? Where is this? Literally every piece of pop culture fiction created in the past 40 years and more goes out of its way to show "girls can too". From Princess Leia to Conan's Valeria (a certain influence for Teela), Indiana Jones, Wonder Woman G.I. Joe, Disney Princesses, Pixar cartoons She-Ra herself, it's not just a routine in comics cartoons or fantasy but a trope in all of modern fiction. And no man dare to call it out lest they be seen a sexist, insensitive or just plain wrong.

But the truth is it is fiction. Sure there are chicks that can kick an average guy's azz but take the top 100 female athletes and pit them against the top 100 males from any respective sport or competition and the females will come up short every time, yes every time, and especially in any form of strength or combative prowess.

There's some endless desire by some females that need validation or confirmation that they can be on equal footing with men to compensate for nature handing them some sense of physical inferiority, obsessed with an aspect of an exception that proves the rule.

And just to be sure everyone around here is on the same page: The beginning of the show results in the absence of He-Man and ALL the Masters of the Universe striving to get him back... because they can't win without... HE-MAN!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #942
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Where in the U.S.? Where is this? Literally every piece of pop culture fiction created in the past 40 years and more goes out of its way to show "girls can too". From Princess Leia to Conan's Valeria (a certain influence for Teela), Indiana Jones, Wonder Woman G.I. Joe, Disney Princesses, Pixar cartoons She-Ra herself, it's not just a routine in comics cartoons or fantasy but a trope in all of modern fiction. And no man dare to call it out lest they be seen a sexist, insensitive or just plain wrong.

But the truth is it is fiction. Sure there are chicks that can kick an average guy's azz but take the top 100 female athletes and pit them against the top 100 males from any respective sport or competition and the females will come up short every time, yes every time, and especially in any form of strength or combative prowess.

There's some endless desire by some females that need validation or confirmation that they can be on equal footing with men to compensate for nature handing them some sense of physical inferiority, obsessed with an aspect of an exception that proves the rule.

And just to be sure everyone around here is on the same page: The beginning of the show results in the absence of He-Man and ALL the Masters of the Universe striving to get him back... because they can't win without... HE-MAN!

I could only hazard a guess as to what happened 40+ years ago which necessitates that we "solve" these issues, right now of all times. What exactly is the solution, anyways? What safeguards are there to prevent this problem from resurfacing? What if this new paradigm, while compelling at the surface, is fundamentally flawed? Should we not take an honest look in the mirror, accept that we don't know everything, and be more careful before hastily destroying what is tried and true? Human nature never changes.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #943
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Kevin Smith talking about the upcoming show
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #944
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post

I could only hazard a guess as to what happened 40+ years ago which necessitates that we "solve" these issues, right now of all times. What exactly is the solution, anyways? What safeguards are there to prevent this problem from resurfacing? What if this new paradigm, while compelling at the surface, is fundamentally flawed? Should we not take an honest look in the mirror, accept that we don't know everything, and be more careful before hastily destroying what is tried and true? Human nature never changes.
"What happened..."? Are you not aware of how women were viewed back in the 50's and 60's? I have first hand experience with how the majority of men viewed women, because of my dad.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #945
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

ten foot pole___this thread
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #946
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Damn is there an audiobook for this?
It basically says "Show could be good, could be bad, but sure does look pretty. Teela should get some quality time, but the show should be about He-Man as he is the title character."

Thats all really.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:23 AM   #947
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Lol at the nerd fight over fantasy characters.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:42 AM   #948
qz33
Rescue

Thing is I don't see any conflict nor fight whatsoever here just people discussing different preferences viewpoints.. ya know like what happens on a discussion forum...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:43 AM   #949
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Lol at the nerd fight over fantasy characters.
it's more a nerd discussion over the cultural erosion of country.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:08 AM   #950
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
The line has already established mix media capes. I doubt they will change that for future releases in the line, but who knows... we will just have to see.

I personally like the mixed media capes in the line. Hordak's cape quality really took things to a new level.
I Dont mind most of them on the Line but Evil-Lynns first one was kind of atrocious to me. The second one was better but I cant believe They made a second evil-Lynn so close to the first.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote