Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #41
Pitbull
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
cns_toys is me. The earlier pic from Dutchskywalker is exactly the damage to this one, but there are 2 marks instead of one. I can't live with it so I'm returning it to the seller. Well, at least I can say I had one in my hands...the hunt continues, pending a smooth return of funds from the seller. Oh, and I see another Vader I is on ebay. This one might be yours Pitbull!
very good decision winter

not this month probably dude...that money gone to clear iceman + sentinel dio
Pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #42
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

There's an Attakus Vader 1 up on Ebay now which ends today. Price is already over $1000.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #43
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
cns_toys is me. The earlier pic from Dutchskywalker is exactly the damage to this one, but there are 2 marks instead of one. I can't live with it so I'm returning it to the seller. Well, at least I can say I had one in my hands...the hunt continues, pending a smooth return of funds from the seller. Oh, and I see another Vader I is on ebay. This one might be yours Pitbull!
Good decision, if you have that kind of budget to purchase a Vader 1, you should get one that is absolutely mint. That is top dollar right now for that piece. The $200 bucks back would be irrelevant to me if I had budgeted over $1000 for something. that $200 bucks will be gone somewhere else eventually, but that mark will ALWAYS be on you Vader.
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #44
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

There are a couple of Attakus Vader I statues on eBay right now under $1000. Very reasonable BIN price on this one if anyone is still looking: Vader I
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #45
Pitbull
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Winter.... my friend bought your returning Vader without asking me, now it is in Istanbul, and he is complaninig too and asking me what to do, this Vader passing true my door frequently these days I will offer him 800$ , if he accepts i will send it repaint to our prof. repairer...
Pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #46
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Hi, can someone help i have the exact same problem with my vader 1 i got recently. Ebay seller listed this as mint, i even asked him to confirm and he said it is.

When i got it, it has those paint rub off marks on the back and side of the cloak. How common is this? for those of you who own the vader i do you have the same problem.

I am thinking to have his cloak professionally repainted but the material/paint for his cloak is not standard, it has this very matte-black light absorbing feel to it.

Can it be repainted and still have the same effect? Thanks.

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #47
ambasah
Red Skull

mine looks nothing like that.

I would ask the seller for some $$ back to help offset the repair.

Or, just return it for a refund and get another one down the road. His price has come down significantly in the past year or two.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #48
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man that sucks. Looks to me like the marks on the cape are from the crappy styrofoam that Attakus uses. This piece probably sat in the box for a while without any plastic over it, in direct contact with the styrofoam. I've seen this before on some of the black bases. Unfortunately not every collector packs these back into the foam "covered up" the way they should.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #49
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This actually came with the plastic bag over it. I am so sick of those lieing ebay sellers.

I even sent a message to him before the sale, to confirm the item is mint without any paint issues. And he confirmed and said it's odd i would ask him that...

I can understand if it's something small one might miss, but this is right there all over the vader's cape no way to miss.

And of course now he still havent responded to my message to him.

Think i am just going to start leaving negative feedbacks, no more mr nice guy. Really pisses me off, it's a waste of time & money to deal with ebay and reship this thing back/forth, or get it repainted. Does he really think i will not notice and just let it go on such an expensive statue.

/rant off
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #50
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well unfortunately the fact that he shipped it with the plastic bag over the statue doesn't mean much since it obviously wasn't always stored that way.

As for the seller not responding - give him what you feel is an acceptable amount of time to get back to you (personally I wouldn't give him more than a week) then file a dispute with eBay/PayPal. Dont leave negative feedback yet as this could deter his response. PayPal will have you covered. 99% of the time they side with the buyer if an item is not received as described. Plus you have a great case against him if you saved the messages between the two of you where you specifically inquired about the item's condition. Don't just throw in the towel here. All the power is in your hands. You just need to take the proper steps to get your money back which will more than likely involve you sending the piece back to him. In the end though you should get fully reimbursed. Including any shipping costs.

Hope that helps. Good luck.