Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-15-2021, 06:29 AM   #91
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Can you please pose like a true Warrior and take a picture?
Unfortunately I have not yet graduated as a warrior. In the meantime, here is a photo of my twin

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:33 AM   #92
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
In the meantime, here is a photo of my twin
Hehe.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:47 AM   #93
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I think we've gone pretty deep into silly season to be seeing prices like this for a piece like this. It'll sell out, because people will buy - some with the hope that they'll make a killing off it ten years from now. But geez....

In the UK, shipped and with customs, you will spend over £3,000 for this piece. That's over $4,200 guys. I don't know how this hobby got here
We (as in collectors) allowed and even encouraged it.
I'm sure there are people who stopped when they saw a $500 1:4 piece, but many more stayed or jumped on so now we are talking $800, $900, $1000, $1100, $1200, even $1300 (Aloy) for a 1:4 statue.
Unless there is a massive decline in demand all I see is prices climbing to maximize revenues and profits for those involved.
I cannot imagine who buys a 1:1 $7000+ statue, but clearly they exist as new ones shown off this week.

I was all in, but even I feel lately rethinking plans as prices keep climbing each year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:48 AM   #94
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Yeah, but you're paying that $337.50 rate for Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison (?), Grail, Silver Swan, and bellhop Circe...

With Sanity I saw it as a great way to pick up neglected, but still popular, Batman characters. These are so out there it seems like a burden.

Still down for Silver Swan even though this might be the last statue she gets.
Good point, if they made a Diana, Donna, Cassie, Yara 1:6 diorama I'd pay $1300 for that.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:17 PM   #95
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Good point, if they made a Diana, Donna, Cassie, Yara 1:6 diorama I'd pay $1300 for that.
Add Hippolyta and Nubia and I’m sold. Diana looks great, but I’m not too thrilled at the design for this diorama.
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:06 PM   #96
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavario007 View Post
Add Hippolyta and Nubia and I’m sold. Diana looks great, but I’m not too thrilled at the design for this diorama.
Sure, but then be $2500 as I'd need Artemis too, so I went with the four core Wonders.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:13 PM   #97
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles diorama, Wonder Woman! Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules, Princess Diana of Themyscira fights for peace in Man's World. A continuation from Batman Sanity, XM worked with David Finch to bring to you Wonder Woman Courage. This Colour Version highlights all the bright and varied colours of the Wonder Woman’s villains and foes, for collectors and comic lovers to appreciate! This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish..

Batman Sanity focuses on Batman’s hold on his own sanity as his rogue gallery surrounds him. For Wonder Woman, the team seeks to create an art piece that encompasses and encapsulates the core of who Wonder Woman is. The Queen of the Amazons is powerful, inspiring and strong. And one thing for sure, she is courageous and undeterred even in the face of danger. Wonder Woman Courage David Finch depicts the foes of our Amazonian Warrior crowding and closing in on her. Despite the danger that lies beneath, she dives in, resolute in her path, with grace and courage.

As Themyscira's emissary to Man's World, Diana has made it her duty to lead by example, even if the differences between her birthplace and new home sometimes present hurdles for her to jump. She has come to represent the possibility and potential of life without war, hate or violence, and she is a beacon of hope to all who find themselves in need. She stands as an equal among the most powerful Super Heroes, with a sense of purpose to protect the world from injustice in all forms."
A three paragraph description and not a single name or description for the villains?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:04 PM   #98
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
A three paragraph description and not a single name or description for the villains?
Circe, Dr. Psycho, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Ares, and Grail.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:28 PM   #99
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Circe, Dr. Psycho, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Ares, and Grail.
Yeah I know what they are now, but it took a long time and XM wasn't and still isn't helpful on that front.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:33 AM   #100
TheGriffinKing
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Should have had Giganta looming over her in the back...seems like a no brainer
TheGriffinKing is offline   Reply With Quote