Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-02-2021, 01:27 AM   #1011
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wolf Predator 1:3 with a good pose and detail like on the Jungle Predator is money in the bank ...I'd be interested in seeing a Beserker Predator too.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:03 AM   #1012
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Sorry I misread that part and assumed you mean prime 1 doing a bargain piece.

This could actually be a possibility if the company doesn't care about it's reputation, quality and wants to pump up a larger size at a bargain. Now I wonder which company comes to mind....think it starts with S
Not sure I'm explaining myself very well. When I say bargain I do not mean hastily made or cheap low quality but in comparison to this 1/3. Also when I refer to the materials costing a pittance I am comparing to the overall cost (to P1) and price (to the customer) of the statue. The lion's share of a statue's cost is the production run itself, basically the factory's time. Larger pieces between different 1/3 scale characters don't really cost (the company) much more. The cost to the factory for the materials of each one of these 3K 1/3 statues is less than $200. A 50% increase in size is unlikely to even add an extra $100 of materials.

So a 50% larger statue made to the same quality standards as this 1/3 would not cost P1 anywhere near double whatever this size statue is costing them to produce. Complexity adds more cost than size as shown to be the case with this Predator compared to some of P1's 1:2 scales. Complex details at smaller scales is even more painstaking and takes longer with more errors/waste. As Steve Wang himself has stated this is why ECC's 1:1 busts cost 1.5K while their 1:3 Maquettes are 2.5K.

From the price of this though I'd say there's a bit of gouging on Prime1's or the licensor's part. This 1/3 is not costing P1 anywhere near $1300 more than 1/4 Big Game Cover Art. P1 knows collectors will pay extra for bigger pieces because in collectors' minds bigger = more value. Prime 1 is likely making much better profits on this 1/3. If they were to do one larger they need not charge 6K to still bring a very high profit for themselves especially considering how many other statues they will have sold during their time with the license since licenses usually cost a flat fee over a time period plus a percentage of pieces sold/produced.

And I get it Predators are naturally larger than humans but c'mon they're only ~7 foot with average superhero height being ~6ft. It'd be a big 'ol statue for sure but even at perfect 1:2 scale were talking 6 more inches than a human 1:2 in the largest dimension. Anyone that even thinks this 1/3 isn't gonna be a space hog need not apply but there are definitely collectors that would buy a 1:2 Predator as their only statue and also other collectors that will buy all Predators Prime 1 will produce. I have full faith that JND or especially Queen could blow this P1 Predator out of the water with a larger and superior piece if they believed it to be worth it. Predator is just old compared to new Marvel and DC movies but for the right pieces trust me collectors will come.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:58 AM   #1013
Jungle Demon
Hydra

This is even better! His armor was always smooth in the movie. They remove over-texturing etc. and now it's looks amazing :

"NEW UPDATE

We have now revised the design of the placeable Bio-mask on the base to be a “Props” Bio-Mask, more screen-accurate and faithful in its interpretation. In addition, it is now swappable with the standard “Details” Bio-Mask. And, as a sincere show of gratitude from us to all the fans who have been ordering the 1/3 scale Jungle Hunter Predator statue, we present the gory addition of an extra right-hand clutching Billy's spinal cord!

Thank you all for your support, and we hope we have taken the utmost attention to detail to bring you the best statue ever and continue to keep improving until the product comes to you."

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #1014
Dundee
Hydra

Woohoo!!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #1015
deadrodian
The Spirit

damn, they got me
ordering DX at the end of the month for sure

looks like either they know how important this statue is, or they didn't get as many preorders as expected
either way that's only a win for us if they keep improving this statue till perfection

EDIT
already preordered
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #1016
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Awesome! Does this mean no closed mandibles?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:31 AM   #1017
SDguy

Has anyone in any of the P1 FB groups asked if the more smoothed out abs sculpt is representative of what they will do for him overall (like his upper arm area, and thighs), or is it just on the abs?

That's really the ONLY thing holding me back at this point....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #1018
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Not at this stage, but who knows, Prime 1 keeps surprising us!

Where's Blade3327? He rose above all odds and got what he wanted hahaha
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #1019
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
They just added Billy’s trophy = closed mandibles confirmed!
Old 07-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #1020
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Has anyone in any of the P1 FB groups asked if the more smoothed out abs sculpt is representative of what they will do for him overall (like his upper arm area, and thighs), or is it just on the abs?

That's really the ONLY thing holding me back at this point....
I’ve sent them at least 20 emails already