Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2023, 01:38 PM   #51
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Wow, I was being optimistic about this Yeats Con, but somehow sideshow makes it worse every year, it's very rare you see almost everybody on here universally agree how bad something is, I'm now looking forward to SDCC and seeing Tweeterhead, PCS etc...
Tweeterhead said they weren't going to SDCC this year.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:38 PM   #52
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Even Forps' "artsy eye" disapproves of this line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
On Sideshow?s Facebook post, mods are working overtime getting comments deleted.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:52 PM   #53
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Its nice when people from all walks of life, different perspectives, etc, can all come together and universally hate something. Well done Sideshow, well done.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:54 PM   #54
BurningRage
The Maxx

All Ozymandias needed was to announce this.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:59 PM   #55
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Even Forps' "artsy eye" disapproves of this line!

You got me, IcedDog.

Nevertheless, as you all know, Forps NEVER sugarcoats a failure. This new line by Sideshow is an EPIC FAIL, a FAIL FOR THE AGES. The amount of money to be lost is going to be colossal.

Also Forps NEVER received anything in any of my hobbies in order to "review" it (you know what i am talking about, you are a clever guy). My opinion is only based on artistic quality, sculpt, inaccuracies or not, bad artistic direction or not etc.

And finally, even if you get out of your clothes, even if you get crazy by some of my posts, in the end, you all know that "Forps' eye" is second to none.

The ability to INSTANTLY catch what a new sculpt oozes, its sculpting quality, the sculptor's mistakes, the art direction and OF COURSE the POSSIBLE COMMERCIAL SUCCESS or not, is clearly second to none.

Forps combines complete art knowledge with "street"-market knowledge, something that is extremely difficult to find.

This is the reason why, although majority of guys hate me cause i get them OUT of their comfort zone, in the end, you all know, that

"Well, that crazy bast..d, Forps. I hate to admit it cause i hate him. I loathe him. But......Well, he INDEED has an "eye", second to none, in this hobby"
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:01 PM   #56
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The fact that the notoriously media shy CEO of Sideshow stepped out from his bubble to hype this release should be a major red flag. This feels more like a whim of his rather than a logical business decision.

It also deepens my feeling that Sideshow doesn't care about its current customers as much as it is more apt to go after people who wouldn't normally be customers.

So many decisions this year have been baffling.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:05 PM   #57
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
The fact that the notoriously media shy CEO of Sideshow stepped out from his bubble to hype this release should be a major red flag. This feels more like a whim of his rather than a logical business decision.

It also deepens my feeling that Sideshow doesn't care about its current customers as much as it is more apt to go after people who wouldn't normally be customers.

If he trully is behind this line, someone should talk to him.

Sideshow should hire a manager combining ART KNOWLEDGE and STREET-MARKET KNOWLEDGE.

In my plan
(where Harbottle and Canale will approve any sculpt by any sculptor, not named Kucharek Bros or Maria Panfilova, in order to avoid SCULPTING DISASTERS by some sculptors in the last 2-3 years), i am going to add that Sideshow is in a dire need to hire a manager combining art knowledge and "street"-market knowledge (for an example, can this new line be a commercial success or not)?

And ofc, Forps wont be that guy. Lol
Old 07-18-2023, 02:12 PM   #58
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post

That email reeked of BS
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:34 PM   #59
Forps is back
The Avengers

Give, Forps, the WHOLE C3PO artsy LSB line. NOW! Get them all UP FOR PREORDER.

We dont want the unpainted kits looking like white Funko Pops of Arsham Studio.

We want the artsy C3PO LSBs. We want ART in our houses, not toys or unpainted garage kits

Why, Sideshow? Why?
Old 07-18-2023, 03:01 PM   #60
Forps is back
The Avengers

And just to talk about art, well from that line of 20+ C3PO's LSBs, Sideshow should cooperate in the future for some projects with

Alicia Marie
Zac Roane
Chie Izuma
Josh Mayhem
Xhanthi Black
Sarath Ton
MP Gautheron
Ben Butcher

Their representations were artsy.

(Hot Toys was also good, but it is team effort)