Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #81
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, and besides, what's interesting about Superman beating up people? We all know he's essentially invulnerable.....that's part of the problem with his character. It's been said a thousand times over in the stories that if he wanted to he could do whatever he wants whenever he wants. It's far more interesting when the tables are turned on him.

We're all well aware Superman could put his fist through Batman's face any time he wanted to, but that's not what makes Superman's character. And besides....it's all just story telling. It's not interesting to see a basically immortal character do whatever he wants, (sometimes it is, but just saying in general) it's interesting to find story based ways to sometimes turn the tables on him.

It's part of the reason why DKR is regarded the way it is. People, to some degree, enjoyed reading Batman beating up Superman.
I actually agree with you on all these points. I just get tired of people constantly saying that Superman is boring and Batman is epic and seeing art and the like depicting Batman beating up Superman. And I’m a guy who loves Batman and his stories. But Superman is different because there’s a definite Judeo-Christian allegory that’s happening in the mythology of Superman. And the fact that he emulates strength through self-control and restraint is one of his endearing qualities. Superman can be interesting and exciting if the writer takes the right approach. Imagine the internal struggles that could be fleshed out of a guy who is virtually invulnerable, yet would have difficulty relating to anyone on planet Earth.

All kinds of superhero’s can be pitted against one another, but when it comes to Batman vs Superman themes, it’s different.....because with one character possessing god-like powers and the other character being a mortal man, my suspension of disbelief only goes so far.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #82
Overture
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Personally I'm tired of the hero v hero thing.
Same. I love DC but their continual need to portray their heroes, especially Batman and Superman against each other is so tiring.

Marvel has Civil War of course but for the most part their hero vs hero stuff feels more isolated and certainly isn't continually a thing like Batman v Superman.
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #83
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

It’d be cool if they took the “vs” series into new territory:

Catwoman vs Harley Quinn
Scarecrow vs Joker
Supergirl vs Silver Banshee
Batgirl vs Batwoman
Superman vs Zod

I’m sure there are other cool matchups and I haven’t even listed Marvel.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:09 PM   #84
Overture
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, and besides, what's interesting about Superman beating up people? We all know he's essentially invulnerable.....that's part of the problem with his character. It's been said a thousand times over in the stories that if he wanted to he could do whatever he wants whenever he wants. It's far more interesting when the tables are turned on him.

We're all well aware Superman could put his fist through Batman's face any time he wanted to, but that's not what makes Superman's character. And besides....it's all just story telling. It's not interesting to see a basically immortal character do whatever he wants, (sometimes it is, but just saying in general) it's interesting to find story based ways to sometimes turn the tables on him.

It's part of the reason why DKR is regarded the way it is. People, to some degree, enjoyed reading Batman beating up Superman.
I get what you're saying but I think some of us find it boring because it's not a new or novel concept now. TKDR was decades ago and Batman has been depicted as beating up or handling Superman so many times now. We had a live action movie of him doing it.

I dunno, it's just funny to me that so many people who dislike Superman will say that he's "OP" and yet they'll be massive fans of Batman - the character with possibly the most insane plot armor or ability to win in the history of fiction.

Love both characters but it's a bit tiring seeing how one-sided the depictions can be.

Anyway, cool piece in terms of accurately depecting a scene. Props to Prime 1.
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #85
pau123
Sailor Moon

Beautiful piece... This needs to be displyed in centre so you can see all the angles. But depth 30", man that is gonna be headache. Really curious when P1 gonna make a solo Bat armor
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:04 PM   #86
pau123
Sailor Moon

Since the product is still in the development stage, the Size (up to 10%) & Weight (up to 10kg) may be changed during the production stage.

Quoted from P1. Interesting
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:10 PM   #87
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Since the product is still in the development stage, the Size (up to 10%) & Weight (up to 10kg) may be changed during the production stage.

Quoted from P1. Interesting
They have the same warning with Fabok Batman
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:43 AM   #88
Biggunz
Loki

Damn this ----s expensive. Too expensive to keep for sure

But bet you you can double your money once sold out

Could be a good investment if you want to just sit on it if you have the room for extra couch in your house
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:32 AM   #89
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I pretty much have been sticking to collecting berserk statues... but this I have to have it this is basically the perfect depiction of that classic scene. Too bad they didn't make guts vs zodd with this level of care
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #90
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I pretty much have been sticking to collecting berserk statues... but this I have to have it this is basically the perfect depiction of that classic scene. Too bad they didn't make guts vs zodd with this level of care
Facts
The World is offline   Reply With Quote