Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
redbloodedboy
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 67
JND Collectibles- display case options

Hi all,

Given JND is fairly new and using materials not commonly used (eg silicone) I thought it may be helpful for those who are collecting or beginning to collect JND statues, to have a post where we can share and discuss the best and safe ways to display these statues.

Iíve read various comments in different posts with different advice so thought we could have one central chat about this given JND have now released 4 statues and we may all be thinking of the best ways to display them.

JND offered some information about the silicone however didnít elaborate much on safe ways to store.

Those interested in this, letís share and discuss.

I have a few months to go before my first JND item will be ready so keen to plan ahead.
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:03 AM   #2
Silas Loki
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,041
Good idea, here's some information that may be useful:

https://regalrobot.com/shop/themed-f...bles-for-sale/

https://www.glasbau-hahn.com/en/disp...ay-case-types/

Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:47 AM   #3
redbloodedboy
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 67
So some questions in my head are:

- do JND statues need to be stored in a enclosed display case?
- does it matter what kind of enclosed display case?
- can JND statues be displayed out in the open?
- does room temperature really matter? What exactly should it be?

Others may had some other questions but thought I would mention a few to start
-
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:13 AM   #4
Exorcist
Justice League
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 297
Thumbs up

I am going to use these custom build glas cabinets. At the moment my Prime1Studio statues live in them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34ACA633-DE80-4789-8CF3-55C580123D03.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	138461   Click image for larger version

Name:	78E5B2FB-B0A6-4B10-8CE5-2D214EAD3A95.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	138462   Click image for larger version

Name:	727CF373-F2BE-4D8B-8410-DBBE675AFDA3.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	138463   Click image for larger version

Name:	9B4E06AA-DB61-4969-A189-AEA4D4A69962.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	138464  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:20 AM   #5
FETTFAN
Justice League
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 270
Iím in the UK and I appreciate the climate here is different from other parts of the world.

Cinemaquette were the first company to use silicone heads and I have owned their Terminator since new, which has been over 15 years. It is displayed in a cabinet with glass doors in a regular room. Fingers crossed in all the years it has not had any issues. I also have the Iron Man and Vader and again no issues. The only small issue is the hair is difficult to style.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:20 AM   #6
redbloodedboy
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I am going to use these custom build glas cabinets. At the moment my Prime1Studio statues live in them
They look great. Are the cabinets fully sealed (do they remain cool inside) I donít know much about this and keen to learn whether itís good to have cases that allow the statue to still Ďbreatheí if that makes sense
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #7
redbloodedboy
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Iím in the UK and I appreciate the climate here is different from other parts of the world.

Cinemaquette were the first company to use silicone heads and I have owned their Terminator since new, which has been over 15 years. It is displayed in a cabinet with glass doors in a regular room. Fingers crossed in all the years it has not had any issues. I also have the Iron Man and Vader and again no issues. The only small issue is the hair is difficult to style.
Thatís so good to hear and hopefully reassuring for the JND statues.
These cabinets with glass doors Iím assuming are not fully air tight.. meaning some air can get in?
Also the room temperature.. you mentioned a regular room... does it ever get warm in the room etc...

I must admit reading your message reassures me a bit more... great that yours are still looking fine and not like youíve had to get any high tech cases and temperature control the room theyíre in?!
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:54 AM   #8
FETTFAN
Justice League
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Thatís so good to hear and hopefully reassuring for the JND statues.
These cabinets with glass doors Iím assuming are not fully air tight.. meaning some air can get in?
Also the room temperature.. you mentioned a regular room... does it ever get warm in the room etc...

I must admit reading your message reassures me a bit more... great that yours are still looking fine and not like youíve had to get any high tech cases and temperature control the room theyíre in?!
My cabinets are not air tight and dust etc gets in. Never does any harm. The room gets the sun in the morning but the temperature is not controlled.

The cinemaquette human pieces all come with powder but I have never had to apply it to the silicone.

Chocolatebydeath website was the go to forum for cinemaquette pieces although hardly anyone posts on there anymore but in all the years I have never read of any issues with cinemaquette pieces. However, silicone and real hair is not for everyoneís tastes
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #9
eternalblue02
Nightwing
 
eternalblue02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Clinton CT
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Good idea, here's some information that may be useful:

https://regalrobot.com/shop/themed-f...bles-for-sale/
JND Ledger J & CW would be my first silicone pieces. My plan was to open them, check for damage and snap a few pictures for here, then store them in a climate controlled room while I wait 2 years for a Moducase display. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check them out. Obviously I want to take care of these but not wait a decade before I can enjoy them

This question is for anyone that has an answer:

I've got the Queen Studios rooted hair Joker coming this week, should I be treating that piece like the JND pieces?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #10
FETTFAN
Justice League
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
JND Ledger J & CW would be my first silicone pieces. My plan was to open them, check for damage and snap a few pictures for here, then store them in a climate controlled room while I wait 2 years for a Moducase display. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check them out. Obviously I want to take care of these but not wait a decade before I can enjoy them

This question is for anyone that has an answer:

I've got the Queen Studios rooted hair Joker coming this week, should I be treating that piece like the JND pieces?
Congratulations on the QS Joker. I also have the joker and cinemaquette silicone Terminator. You cannot compare how the hair is applied between the QS and a cinemaquette - which I assume will mirror a JND piece
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com