Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-10-2021, 07:54 AM   #151
chronos1919
Nightwing

Looks like I didn’t need to be concerned. Still available at SF.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #152
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You know when the price is too high for your budget when a piece is Sold Out and you think 'damn, i wanted that..'
Then it becomes available (Yay!..) ..and you take another look, and the price is still too high

$2,350.00 + Shipping + Import = Not an option.
I really like this statue but wouldn’t pay that much for it either. Even the $2,350, which includes shipping and import fees for me, gave me slight pause.

Are their retailers within your country that will be offering it for a more reasonable price?
Old 04-10-2021, 08:08 AM   #153
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Looks like I didn’t need to be concerned. Still available at SF.
It will likely sell out on the coming weeks or so though much like WW and Ledger Joker did. But at least it gives you some time to think it over? Haha
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #154
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
It will likely sell out on the coming weeks or so though much like WW and Ledger Joker did. But at least it gives you some time to think it over? Haha
No need. Already pre-ordered. Their WW and DK Joker as well. I’ve been waiting a while now for a company to offer the “Apple” experience for 1/4 or 1/3 statues. Premium look, materials, pacakgaging, etc. and bases that look good but aren’t the focus of the piece. I collected Hot Toys for a while because of how well they often captured actors’ likenesses, compared to the competition, but they always felt ubdwerhelmung to me in-hand. This JND line has got me refocusing my entire collection.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #155
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I really like this statue but wouldn’t pay that much for it either. Even the $2,350, which includes shipping and import fees for me, gave me slight pause.

Are their retailers within your country that will be offering it for a more reasonable price?
I rarely buy from UK retailers as they cost more, probably because they sell at the standard rate + shipping they incurred + import + they slap on their bit and pass it on to consumers that know no better (than to buy direct from Sideshow for example).

The only UK deals available tend to be either items that have hung around too long or larger companies such as Zavvi who have sales from time to time. Ebay is another option - items being sold at a loss.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:31 AM   #156
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
No need. Already pre-ordered. Their WW and DK Joker as well. I’ve been waiting a while now for a company to offer the “Apple” experience for 1/4 or 1/3 statues. Premium look, materials, pacakgaging, etc. and bases that look good but aren’t the focus of the piece. I collected Hot Toys for a while because of how well they often captured actors’ likenesses, compared to the competition, but they always felt ubdwerhelmung to me in-hand. This JND line has got me refocusing my entire collection.
you're like a roller coaster.....but, great to see you joining the ranks of elite (soon to be poor) high end collectors

Now, you said it was still available at SF......should we all buy a second one? You know, just in case.........
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #157
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Fully agreed and very recognizable

Reason for me to quit Hot Toys and fully go over to statues is because most of them always seem to deteriorate over time. I really hope this will not be the case with JND collectibles. Or else it will be back to square one for me....
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #158
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Fully agreed and very recognizable

Reason for me to quit Hot Toys and fully go over to statues is because most of them always seem to deteriorate over time. I really hope this will not be the case with JND collectibles. Or else it will be back to square one for me....
Did you "play"......I mean pose, the Hot Toys often? Is that the reason they deteriorated?

I expect that these JND statues will need to be displayed and treated differently to polystone statues. I'm even thinking about investing in museum grade display cabinets (atmosphere controlled) to keep them looking "minty fresh".

Plus, when you're spending this kind of money, using a Detolf or the fire place mantle seems like a strange decision.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:11 AM   #159
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Did you "play"......I mean pose, the Hot Toys often? Is that the reason they deteriorated?

I expect that these JND statues will need to be displayed and treated differently to polystone statues. I'm even thinking about investing in museum grade display cabinets (atmosphere controlled) to keep them looking "minty fresh".

Plus, when you're spending this kind of money, using a Detolf or the fire place mantle seems like a strange decision.
I placed them directly after unboxing with silk gloves in closed cabinets. In a room with a stabile and average temperature, and out of sunlight of course.

After a while the clothes just start to break down (pleather, ropes, etc). Hot Toys like Selina Kyle Catwoman, T800 BD DX, Darth Vader, and Indiana Jones are famous for deteriorating after some time. There is a video on Youtube made by Dean Knight about this.

This is why I am very happy JND made Anne Hathaway's Catwoman. My favorite character that always broke down for me as a Hot Toys, up to 3 times

I have closed custom glass cabinets standing-by for JND collectibles btw. These cabinets are currently in use for Prime1Studio statues
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:51 AM   #160
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Just to be transparent. We don’t choose the pricing. JND sets the pricing for our region (North Anerica) and that is 2350 shipped or 2250 + shipping. We have to adhere to their pricing guidelines. Hope this clears up the pricing confusion