Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #3661
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Thank you for the answer regarding the P2 maquette Alex. Just to confirm, this is still being produced by the same factory? The leaked production picture showed an absolute mess, hope they have very much improved things there end since then, especially given the high price tag on this one.
I cannot speak to whether this is still being produced at the same factory or not as that's not information I was ever specifically seeking out regarding this piece. Wherever it's being produced the production team is happier with more recent samples then ones received in the past is what I know for sure at this point in time.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #3662
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
That was for sure the expectation at the time. But with the ever increasing price to produce I really have no idea what the final retail price will be for this item. This item isn't fully done yet as such hasn't even gone to a factory yet to get a quote. Once that factory cost is known then the retail price will be known. As for the ES, I cannot imagine this item wouldn't have an ES honestly but the people that make those decisions like to surprise me sometimes, ha! Hopefully my guess that it will have an ES is right.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Just to double check - not long ago you told me that Shieve, the Arbiter of Bone, is still planned to be produced in the Court line, but he's also expected to go on PO very late (1st quarter 2016, from what you told me). Has anything changed?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #3663
Johnny Utah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Welcome back Alex!!!

Just a few questions:

1. Now that the Arkham PFs have been shown, will Sideshow be turning their attention to 1/6 versions?
2. Is it possible the 1/6 Indy from TOD will include a leather jacket?
3. Is it true the Wolverine 1/6 has been scrapped because of tthe Fox/Marvel dispute over X-Men characters?
4. When can we see the 1/6 Ash from Evil Dead 2?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #3664
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Just to double check - not long ago you told me that Shieve, the Arbiter of Bone, is still planned to be produced in the Court line, but he's also expected to go on PO very late (1st quarter 2016, from what you told me). Has anything changed?
As far as I'm aware Shieve is still in the line-up (it's never been told to me he was dropped) but he would way down the pipeline. Given Xial, Cleopsis, Mortigall, Demithyle still have yet to be released (and only 3/4 CotD pieces are expected to be released every year) then I'd say he's going to be later 2016 at this point (at the soonest) if not later as the focus of character release has been on the more important characters within CotD (Shieve simply isn't an important player in the storyline and the piece wasn't expected to be part of the line when it was first created). I don't foresee an early 2016 release now.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:04 PM   #3665
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Welcome back Alex!!!

Just a few questions:

1. Now that the Arkham PFs have been shown, will Sideshow be turning their attention to 1/6 versions?
2. Is it possible the 1/6 Indy from TOD will include a leather jacket?
3. Is it true the Wolverine 1/6 has been scrapped because of tthe Fox/Marvel dispute over X-Men characters?
4. When can we see the 1/6 Ash from Evil Dead 2?
1/6 Arkham pieces aren't on the horizon anytime soon. Maybe 2016? I'm really not sure how far out they are at this point. Definitely nothing estimated for this year.

No leather jacket is expected for the 1/6 Indy.

Wolverine 1/6 is still green lit as I type this.

Hopefully Ash will have his reveal at SDCC. *crosses fingers*
Old 05-31-2015, 05:13 PM   #3666
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
I cannot speak to whether this is still being produced at the same factory or not as that's not information I was ever specifically seeking out regarding this piece. Wherever it's being produced the production team is happier with more recent samples then ones received in the past is what I know for sure at this point in time.
I'm just speculating but increase in quality isn't free and part of defraying cost of additional work and time is to increase edition size. If this is case we are lucky it was only increased 100 units.

Many factories would look at edition size ordered vs complexity of paint scheme for something like this and simply pass. Not worth aggravation. That is why Predator pieces a4e becoming fool's gold in collectibles market ...
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #3667
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
1/6 Arkham pieces aren't on the horizon anytime soon. Maybe 2016? I'm really not sure how far out they are at this point. Definitely nothing estimated for this year.

No leather jacket is expected for the 1/6 Indy.

Wolverine 1/6 is still green lit as I type this.

Hopefully Ash will have his reveal at SDCC. *crosses fingers*
Dear Alex, thanks for answering our questions. we miss you

Are you aware that Marvel is stopping XM from making x-men and Fantastic Four statues? Does that only apply to XM? I hope Sideshow is not affected since they have a long partnership with Marvel..
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #3668
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex, thanks for answering our questions. we miss you

Are you aware that Marvel is stopping XM from making x-men and Fantastic Four statues? Does that only apply to XM? I hope Sideshow is not affected since they have a long partnership with Marvel..
I saw that announcement a few days ago and it made me quite sad for them. They were putting a lot of good work and effort into some upcoming pieces and it's unfortunate that all of that had to come to a standstill. Hopefully one day they can revisit those items again and can release them.

As for Sideshow and X-Men and Fantastic Four items...I haven't received word that we're to stop moving forward with anything that might be on the horizon from those properties but what remains the case right now could change tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:15 AM   #3669
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Question on the San Diego Comic Con 2015. Will Sideshow booth be bigger than last year and will there be online event on the website?
Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #3670
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
As far as I'm aware Shieve is still in the line-up (it's never been told to me he was dropped) but he would way down the pipeline. Given Xial, Cleopsis, Mortigall, Demithyle still have yet to be released (and only 3/4 CotD pieces are expected to be released every year) then I'd say he's going to be later 2016 at this point (at the soonest) if not later as the focus of character release has been on the more important characters within CotD (Shieve simply isn't an important player in the storyline and the piece wasn't expected to be part of the line when it was first created). I don't foresee an early 2016 release now.
Alex sorry for me being slow - are you talking of effective release (reaching collector's hands) or preorder day, in these time frames you mentioned?
As odd as it seems, I'm already budging so far ahead lol.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote