Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #991
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Size, size, size. It's just like how Jerry said before. People often get hung up on size too much. Skull Knight has potential to be higher to produce. By comparison, Zodd isn't as complex as Skull Knight nor Shockwave, he's just really huge.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Size matters
and Yes.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 AM   #992
iguana
Blue Falcon

Edit later, do not function with the Smartphone
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #993
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Edit later, do not function with the Smartphone
If this is about what I think it is, I wouldn't even bother. People will fling mud on the Prime 1 pieces every chance they can. The likenesses are 100% on point with the added touch of realism.

Some people think as if they know more about these characters than the creator himself. He's worked right with Prime 1 on it, and he knows how his characters look more than anyone else.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #994
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
If this is about what I think it is, I wouldn't even bother. People will fling mud on the Prime 1 pieces every chance they can. The likenesses are 100% on point with the added touch of realism.

Some people think as if they know more about these characters than the creator himself. He's worked right with Prime 1 on it, and he knows how his characters look more than anyone else.
Now I'm on PC. YES your assumption was absolutely right haha and I'm totally on your side with your comment =).
Although for the others heres the post from Kelvin, what he made on FB today:

"J wants to be clear that for most anime/ manga like berserk, fist of the North Star etc, the version or look of the characters for the statue is requested by the creators themselves. The characters' look may change over time but most of the creators prefer to make statues based on the current look. It is not decided by Prime1 which version to make. J has to fulfill the wishes of the creators."
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #995
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #996
Vendetta
The X-Men

Some criticism is genuine (I was among those that initially thought that the base of Guts was too cluttered - I've come around on that and now appreciate the crazy amount of detail), but some of it just feels like resentment for being priced out or attempts to nitpick in an attempt to feel better about not getting something, for whatever reason.

I get it because I actually felt that way a bit when the WWoH pricing was revealed, and I wasn't even planning on getting it! I think I was more worried about the potential prices of things to come, like Skull Knight.

I will say that I love pretty much everything that they've shown in the Berserk line - it's a bit of a dream to be getting such amazing high-end collectibles from this series. The one thing I do wish they'd look into is the pose of Berserker Armor Guts - I'd prefer something closer to the art it's based on, but they may have gone with the pose they did because of the switch-out that has the sword pointed downward. I'll reserve final judgment until we see that pose in its entirety.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #997
XxGutsxX
Frackin!

Other Zodd form apostle screen.
XxGutsxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #998
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

The God Hand Femto comes:

Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:07 AM   #999