Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #1511
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Thanks for sharing my photos and a quote from the FB group - my phone died before I could share stuff here.

Zodd was the showstopper for me among the new Berserk stuff, despite the disappointing news that they won’t do the wings. Slan looks great, but I think her face needs just a bit more work to look right. John from P1 mentioned that Ubik will be the Ex for Slan. I then asked about Conrad being the Ex for Void, but I couldn’t get a confirmation that Void is coming yet.
Thank you so much for posting all the pics and providing the information you were able to gather at the con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thanks for all the pics!! my favorite is still human form zodd, hes perfect

can someone who has guts in hand measure the diameter of the base (disc portion)? thanks!
Me too! He's just so imposing, and the mixed media is sublime. I should be able to measure Guts base at some stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
You would be paying a lot more for the wings, each wing would have it's own shipping box, plus a box for Zodd, one for his base and probably a box for that huge column.

A reminder of how massive they were. With these on the statue it would have probably been around a 4-5 foot wingspan.

Since I just had to pay $450 shipping for Guts which was in two boxes, I think it was a smart move to leave out the wings even though it's disappointing. People are saying "I'll be happy to pay more", but how many people would be happy paying $1000 more? Because it would be at least another 2 boxes to ship the wings and would probably add another $500 to the base price. It would also be nearly impossible to display for the majority of people. I think they would sell a LOT less of these if they include the wings. I'm ok with no wings at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
A big thank you to Sisko for all the Con pics and info! Congrats on getting Guts in hand. Looking forward to your video review.

Back to the Con pics. Slan is a lock for me. Love that piece! I agree that the portrait could use some slight tweaking but if they don't change a thing on that piece I'll still be thrilled to own it. I think a switch out portrait with the tongue out is a no brainer. EX is a must!

As fantastic as the rest of the reveals look, I'll will probably have to pass on them due to needing room in the collection for other priorities. Although, I might cave on Femto depending on timing of the PO. That piece is so striking.
Cheers Viper! I totally agree about Femto, they really nailed that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
But it' not official confirmed by John right? Didn't see a post from him about this.
Kelvin posted this on facebook:

"Got confirmation that Zodd will not be having his wings due to the size and high cost to produce and ship"
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 PM   #1512
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm surprised that they won't do a run of say 200-300 with the wings, especially when they are happy to do such a massive piece like Wonder Woman on Horseback and charge $3600 for it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #1513
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Since I just had to pay $450 shipping for Guts which was in two boxes
Ouch.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #1514
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope Ubik get's a tweak where we can display him upside down or rightside up. His debut had him staring at Corcus upside down, if I can remember correctly...
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #1515
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm surprised that they won't do a run of say 200-300 with the wings, especially when they are happy to do such a massive piece like Wonder Woman on Horseback and charge $3600 for it.
Wonder Woman and Zodd are not the same. This one involves many boxes and a very high cost just to even ship it. It's not even about the money, you have to factor in how fragile that piece would be and breakage concerns.

It's far more trouble than it's worth dealing with for both sides. At least Wonder Woman would be much less to ship, this guy would be way too much.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #1516
COI

This might be the most incredible line of statues I've seen in all my time collecting, and I'm not even a fan of the source material. No exaggeration, no hype, I'm just completely floored.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #1517
Vendetta
The X-Men

Considering what P1 has put out so far, if they say something just isn't feasible to produce, then I am inclined to take their word for it. I would have loved the sheer audacity of a winged 1/5 scale Apostle Zodd, but trust me when I say that the wingless version is already plenty ridiculous.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #1518
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Considering what P1 has put out so far, if they say something just isn't feasible to produce, then I am inclined to take their word for it. I would have loved the sheer audacity of a winged 1/5 scale Apostle Zodd, but trust me when I say that the wingless version is already plenty ridiculous.
at least they could leave the two socket for wings (covered with two pieces of "skin"), this way who wants can make their own with some artist as private commission
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:20 AM   #1519
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post

Kelvin posted this on facebook:

"Got confirmation that Zodd will not be having his wings due to the size and high cost to produce and ship"

Thank you mate but this I knew, I meant that Ubik will be the EX for Slan =).
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:36 AM   #1520
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Brief vid of Zodd from WF -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMa39UfUhDc
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote