Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #1141
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Starfire is taller than Wonder Woman, right? In my mind the only DC female taller than Starfire is Big Barda. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.
I could be wrong, but I always thought Starfire was taller than Wonder Woman, too... or maybe around the same height. I don't really recall seeing them in a comic together. Now I want this, haha

Quote:
In my mind the only DC female taller than Starfire is Big Barda. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.
But I have to admit, I'm not as well versed in DC's comics past Titans and the Bat-family. Mostly what I know past those two franchises came from cartoons and movies.

I think there are other female characters taller than Starfire and shorter than Barda, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Isn't there, like, a female Mongol in the Superman books? And since Wildstorm is now DC, Caitlin Fairchild from Gen13 is pretty tall and muscular.

Quote:
I think Storm is still pretty tall, its the other women who keep getting mysteriously taller. Storm used to be a solid 6 inches taller than Jean and 3-4 inches taller than Emma. Emma keeps getting taller and I'm not a fan
Haha, that could be the case. I'm starting to read some of the 2000s books I skipped when they came out and many of them have the guys and girls at traditional heights in comparison. And Wolverine really throws everything off as he can be as tall or taller than the girls and I shake my hands in frustration lol

Quote:
There is a panel in the silent issue featuring Storm, Emma, and Jean where Storm does look significantly taller than Jean. I was happy Dauterman (the artist) took care to remember that.
Dauterman is amazing and has been such a great addition to the X-books. Proportions, design, attention to detail... everything is pitch perfect! I'm also super appreciative of the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I saw that...alien Amazonian type deal.

I'm guessing 6'4" is a little too imposing for some.
Exactly... happily on the first point and sadly on the second.

This is one of the reasons Lady D from RE8 was so refreshing and embraced. We're starved for multiple body types in entertainment and it's great to see this being embraced more.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #1142
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I saw that...alien Amazonian type deal.

I'm guessing 6'4" is a little too imposing for some.
Death by snu snu
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:27 PM   #1143
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Death by snu snu
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:32 PM   #1144
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The New Teen Titans #4 had both Wonder Woman and Starfire in it and it was where the Justice League first met the New Teen Titans. Now I do have that issue but it is in the bottom row of a pile of long comic book white boxes so if anyone has the Omnibus or a reprint of that issue to see how the height comparison of the two characters are that would be a good point of reference. This issue was also out in 1980 and drawn by George Perez who was one of the co creator's and designer of Starfire so I would say that issue could be a good guide.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #1145
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Even at her smallest Giganta is 6’6

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #1146
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

The fact that Starfire is 6’ 4” tall makes her an even more sexy character IMO. #longerlegs

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #1147
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
The fact that Starfire is 6’ 4” tall makes her an even more sexy character IMO. #longerlegs
Agreed. Although 150 lbs doesn't seem correct to match that height. I've always seen her more as a Stefania Ferrario type... and she's about 140 lbs at only 5'8".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Even at her smallest Giganta is 6’6
Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The New Teen Titans #4 had both Wonder Woman and Starfire in it and it was where the Justice League first met the New Teen Titans. Now I do have that issue but it is in the bottom row of a pile of long comic book white boxes so if anyone has the Omnibus or a reprint of that issue to see how the height comparison of the two characters are that would be a good point of reference. This issue was also out in 1980 and drawn by George Perez who was one of the co creator's and designer of Starfire so I would say that issue could be a good guide.
I'd have to dig for singles, too, but thankfully most of my collection has been transferred to collected editions. So much easier to navigate!

Looks like maybe WW should be an inch or two taller? But SF's hair gives the illusion of being taller.

We can't go by this... Batman is only 6'2" and even being in the mid-ground of the scene, he's nearly taller than everyone. Even our tall ladies in the foreground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 10-38-09 The New Teen Titans (1980) Issue #4 - Read The New Teen Titans.png
Views:	291
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	143082  
Old 10-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #1148
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

Otto Schmidt does a fairly accurately proportioned Starfire:

JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:46 AM   #1149
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohngPR View Post
Indeed - they both have ridiculously long legs.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #1150
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohngPR View Post

Although I strongly dislike this particular NW outfit, this is really great looking art!