Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-22-2022, 10:51 AM   #271
SDguy

Prices are up across the board... I doubt re-issues will be spared that fate.

I wonder what they will change, if anything, on these, compared to the originals?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #272
AC_808
Hercules

I don't know, but worth noting.

If the changes are an improvement, maybe I'll bite a second time. Otherwise, no dice.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:12 AM   #273
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Prices are up across the board... I doubt re-issues will be spared that fate.

I wonder what they will change, if anything, on these, compared to the originals?
Color improvements. I read somewhere.

Anyway, it's alright if they are a tad pricier than the original price. Surely it'll be more reasonable compared to second hand prices.
But then again, I'm not sure, because lately, some second hand prices are fairly reasonable.
Probably coz no one can or would buy figures for an unreasonable amount of money. Times are tough. :P
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #274
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I was lucky and got both of the originals at retail price. They are terrific! These new ones would have to be a big change for me to double dip.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #275
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Color improvements. I read somewhere.

Anyway, it's alright if they are a tad pricier than the original price. Surely it'll be more reasonable compared to second hand prices.
But then again, I'm not sure, because lately, some second hand prices are fairly reasonable.
Probably coz no one can or would buy figures for an unreasonable amount of money. Times are tough. :P
Well, there's nothing really to improve , but changes will be interesting nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I was lucky and got both of the originals at retail price. They are terrific! These new ones would have to be a big change for me to double dip.
Same.

I didn't double dip on Starfire and Raven, so I definitely can't imagine double dipping on these.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #276
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

They'll be a first for me, I don't have the originals. I don't think they really need any changes, so I'd be fine with them being identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Missed out on a number of other re-releases so I better get myself ready for these. I haven't found second-hand to be reasonable at all.

Power Girl, Raven, and Starfire I wish I had and are bad enough.
You go deeper in the catalog and it's not even close to what I'd pay .. Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Edward Scissorhands, original Supergirl--forget about it.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:51 PM   #277
dechirico7
The Flash

I am shocked they feel that they need to re-release these. They aren't even drawing high prices on Ebay. $200 on the secondary market is nothing, bishoujos are now hitting over $130. I think they also produced a lot more of these, compared to other pieces. I remember everyone being shocked by their increase in price and them sitting on the market for quite a while.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:26 PM   #278
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Well, there's nothing really to improve , but changes will be interesting nonetheless.

Same.

I didn't double dip on Starfire and Raven, so I definitely can't imagine double dipping on these.

Oh hey ...I did double dip on Raven. I got the limited edition white version of Raven. That was a must.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:50 PM   #279
qz33
Rescue

Makes sense with the new movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am shocked they feel that they need to re-release these. They aren't even drawing high prices on Ebay. $200 on the secondary market is nothing, bishoujos are now hitting over $130. I think they also produced a lot more of these, compared to other pieces. I remember everyone being shocked by their increase in price and them sitting on the market for quite a while.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:55 PM   #280
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Oh hey ...I did double dip on Raven. I got the limited edition white version of Raven. That was a must.
Agreed!! Actually, I was of course thinking of the more purple one. I had the white one in hand at SDCC and put her back down and never bought her