Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-14-2022, 04:02 PM   #61
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I grew up in the 517….

Upon second viewing I really love this movie. I just really don’t get America’s fear scale. Like why does it take draining her “life force” to activate her powers? Like being chased by a giant octopus and a reality warping witch isn’t scary enough?! They have to catch you?!

Xavier’s hover chair was the sh!t. Really got enjoy it on round 2.

Also, I still feel that Krasinski could be Reed again. They didn’t state they were one-off anomalies. Just that universe’s Illuminati. I just don’t know how they would be living in the 616 and we haven’t even heard a peep from the FF or mutants.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #62
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m too lazy to Google and I want to start conversation - who is that statue of in the Illuminati temple?

It has a Greek/Roman type skirt on. Could be an Eternal, but as I never watched that movie, I wouldn’t know.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #63
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

And i was like who is the character of Charlize Theron ? Clea... Never heard of her then again, i have never read Dr. Strange. (: I'm more like a DC guy, we have a lad called Constantine who is much better.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:03 PM   #64
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Glad this is getting good reviews, gonna try to make it this weekend.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #65
Augen
Metal Men

I enjoyed it over all. I think seeing it as a Doctor Strange sequel rather than a huge "civil war" like cross over helped. The Illuminati scene was just insane as I had no idea so seeing Reed Richards,
Black Bolt, and Captain Carter was amazing...even if they died super quick.

I also enjoyed Strange looking within and seeing how easily he can go wrong or rogue and this version making a decision to save America by valuing her rather than using her or being simply logical.

Also, Scarlett Witch was genuinely scary coming through portals and stumbling chasing them. I was glad she didn't get off with just a "sorry" and we move on. She destroyed herself to atone for her sins and we have multi verse to backdoor a Wanda in the future.

I really liked it all around, and some fun visuals (music fight, dimension hopping, Zombie with demon cape, etc.)
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:47 PM   #66
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Wanda does not have an accent until she changes to the costume. Are we to infer accents are evil. Plus why does Marvel need to kill the villain at the end of most movies.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:48 PM   #67
protector2814
Phoenix

Anyone have any ideas as to how Wanda may have survived? Do you think she'll be back? Has Elizabeth Olson said anything?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:52 PM   #68
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Anyone have any ideas as to how Wanda may have survived? Do you think she'll be back? Has Elizabeth Olson said anything?
I mean, they could say "the most powerful being doesn't die when rocks fall on them" or use multi verse to bring in another Wanda.

With Vision or White Vision still out there I'd be surprised if they never get a reunion.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #69
Augen
Metal Men

Also, anybody have gifs of Peggy? Seeing Captain Carter in live action was a treat to me (I hope this version got her dance too).
Old 05-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #70
AC_808
Hercules

Did you guys see that fight scene between Mordo and Strange?

Dude! That fight scene was more acrobatic than any of the fight scenes in The Batman!

And Batman is supposed to be more of a skilled fighter than Dr. Strange. WB/DC needs to step up their production of Batman movies. No joke!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote