Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-26-2021, 01:08 AM   #451
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They seem to have learned from their past mistakes. The Spider-man Replica was rough, but the Hulk, Wolverine, Punisher and now this seem to be really nice.
Very True
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #452
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They seem to have learned from their past mistakes. The Spider-man Replica was rough, but the Hulk, Wolverine, Punisher and now this seem to be really nice.
Are you referencing their Weapon X / Astonishing suit Wolverine thing? I was not a fan.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:18 PM   #453
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
Just got this piece in he is awesome no doubt
I still need to build a riser for this.
Once I have that, I'll be working on LED spotlights at base - similar to what you have. I'm hoping to fabricate something more discrete than the pucks, which I love and which work great otherwise.

High up and lit from below really sends this piece to a next level.

I have a couple more big things coming before the year is up. While I'm looking forward to them- and to putting an end to my statue collecting for a good long while, I'm almost wishing this here was my retirement piece. One big reason is that it didn't place an undue strain on storage the way the upcoming pieces will for me.

Going out on a winner is the ideal too, and- blemishes on mine aside- win is one thing this is full of.

I've never considered myself a huge fanboy for this character, and I certainly wasn't missing not having a statue of him.
Yet this here is easily in the top two or three of everything I've owned in my eleven years of collecting. It vaults ahead of more treasured characters because it's simply that well executed.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #454
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Are you referencing their Weapon X / Astonishing suit Wolverine thing? I was not a fan.
I wasn't a fan of the face sculpt either, but it wasn't an engineering nightmare like Spider-man if I remember right.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #455
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I still need to build a riser for this.
Once I have that, I'll be working on LED spotlights at base - similar to what you have. I'm hoping to fabricate something more discrete than the pucks, which I love and which work great otherwise.

High up and lit from below really sends this piece to a next level.

I have a couple more big things coming before the year is up. While I'm looking forward to them- and to putting an end to my statue collecting for a good long while, I'm almost wishing this here was my retirement piece. One big reason is that it didn't place an undue strain on storage the way the upcoming pieces will for me.

Going out on a winner is the ideal too, and- blemishes on mine aside- win is one thing this is full of.

I've never considered myself a huge fanboy for this character, and I certainly wasn't missing not having a statue of him.
Yet this here is easily in the top two or three of everything I've owned in my eleven years of collecting. It vaults ahead of more treasured characters because it's simply that well executed.
Yea I’m not a fan of the pucks myself it’s just a temporary solution until I can concoct another plan for lighting. In another note it’s a very impressive piece in person!
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:23 PM   #456
pdenham
Teen Titans

I love those pucks, and wished I'd bought more when Costco had a good deal on them several years ago.

I prefer them for back lighting, because then the statue itself can hide them. But they're great to be able to use in a pinch, and just plain useful in general.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #457
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

The best Daredevil ever made. My opinion.

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:17 PM   #458
nearmint
Phoenix

He looks great with Moon Knight.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #459
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
He looks great with Moon Knight.
. Hunters.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:33 PM   #460
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
The best Daredevil ever made. My opinion.

Absolutely without question as far as anything license this is it .....so glad I got this! Great pics by the way
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote