Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #1071
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

It's been in stock at Sideshow, that's what we have been talking about the past few pages lol. They had the Sentinel, Pyro, Colossus & Gambit in stock before anyone else, especially Iron Studios, which I will continue and always say is SAD because it's their own damn product. They should be first to get their supply out. Crazy.

But yes congrats! I still can't seem to find this on Iron Studios.com. Even tho I hate them recently lol, I would prefer to save some money on them vs. Sideshow.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #1072
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Ah sorry, I thought the entire discussion was around iron studios themselves. That's what I get for my excitement and not reading back a few pages!

But yes that is really weird that it's available at Sideshow before Iron Studios themselves. I suppose that it shipped directly from the China factory to both, and that sideshow got it delivered stateside, before iron studios got it delivered to South America.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #1073
dmk
Fantastic Four

for anyone who hasn't received an invoice from IS you might want to check your account. a lot of orders , including mine were ready to be paid.

there's an xmen vs sentinel fb group that's in pure panic atm with a bunch of speculation that they don't have enough to fulfill every order so they're not emailing everyone.

i doubt that's the case but who knows what's going on.
dmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #1074
Villain Fan
Doh!

Any advice on the best way to remedy this. For those who already have it set up does the peg come out of the knee? I have tried to remove it but it so I can be precise when glueing it together but it doesn’t budge. Should I just contact sideshow about a possible replacement of the leg only? There’s no way I’m boxing this entire thing back up just for this one piece so last question is I’ve never used glue on a statue before would crazy glue be the best option?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36158B95-F92B-49EF-99FF-221BFC344FDE.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	137861  
Villain Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:22 PM   #1075
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
for anyone who hasn't received an invoice from IS you might want to check your account. a lot of orders , including mine were ready to be paid.

there's an xmen vs sentinel fb group that's in pure panic atm with a bunch of speculation that they don't have enough to fulfill every order so they're not emailing everyone.

i doubt that's the case but who knows what's going on.
My Thundercats were ready to ship like in November. No e-mails. Recently they have been sending them. Their CS is not great if I'm being honest. Very inconsistent.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #1076
Drdoom
Frackin!

Just call them and ask for solution.
Drdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:23 PM   #1077
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoom View Post
Just call them and ask for solution.
I looked for a phone number before and never found an English speaking one unless it’s something new. I sent them an email Friday morning on this item and haven’t heard anything.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:31 PM   #1078
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain Fan View Post
Any advice on the best way to remedy this. For those who already have it set up does the peg come out of the knee? I have tried to remove it but it so I can be precise when glueing it together but it doesn’t budge. Should I just contact sideshow about a possible replacement of the leg only? There’s no way I’m boxing this entire thing back up just for this one piece so last question is I’ve never used glue on a statue before would crazy glue be the best option?
To remove a broken peg that has become stuck in a peg hole due to the magnet etc. I suggest that you get an item that you can temporarily glue to the recessed item which will give you the necessary hold and leverage to pull out the broken pieces.

I’ve done this a couple of times and used an epoxy glue which gave a strong enough bond to work, even before it was completely dry. Once I pulled it out I cleaned the glue off and glued it back to the appropriate section.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #1079
Villain Fan
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
To remove a broken peg that has become stuck in a peg hole due to the magnet etc. I suggest that you get an item that you can temporarily glue to the recessed item which will give you the necessary hold and leverage to pull out the broken pieces.

I’ve done this a couple of times and used an epoxy glue which gave a strong enough bond to work, even before it was completely dry. Once I pulled it out I cleaned the glue off and glued it back to the appropriate section.
Thanks I really appreciate the advice and might give this a try. I’m beginning to doubt its removable because after looking closer it looks like there is glue residue around the peg. Luckily (or unluckily I guess) box 2 got separated from this one during shipping and is now delayed so I have a couple days before it gets delivered and I will be able to assemble this thing. So I have a bit of time to decide a plan of action.
Villain Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:47 PM   #1080
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain Fan View Post
Thanks I really appreciate the advice and might give this a try. I’m beginning to doubt its removable because after looking closer it looks like there is glue residue around the peg. Luckily (or unluckily I guess) box 2 got separated from this one during shipping and is now delayed so I have a couple days before it gets delivered and I will be able to assemble this thing. So I have a bit of time to decide a plan of action.
Yeah I just watched an unboxing video, and it looks like the leg might come pre-assembled.

You might want to double check yourself.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote