Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-28-2023, 12:49 PM   #381
Lugnuts
Birdman

No reason the hair shouldn’t be PVC, it’s lighter and less prone to break. But other than the hair this is a beautiful piece and when sideshow gets it in stock I’m putting it on payment plan.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:16 PM   #382
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post

T
I was considering this piece now that it is showing up in collectors hands. After watching a few videos such as this one...

https://youtu.be/lQy_CiPIHK0

Within the first minute of watching I am a no.

Spending in the neighborhood of $1500 before shipping and taxes? And they released it with wig problems? No way for me. Prime 1 has a lot of good will from people but there is too much product out there for this to be acceptable.

I think it looks great when its pieced together so for the unknowing viewer all is great. But I sweat the small stuff and the off chance her hair falls off and breaks... trying to fix broken hair? Imagine just moving it and forgetting about the wig? Pass.

Still an amazing looking statue with detail and presence.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:58 AM   #383
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I was considering this piece now that it is showing up in collectors hands. After watching a few videos such as this one...

Spending in the neighborhood of $1500 before shipping and taxes? And they released it with wig problems? No way for me. Prime 1 has a lot of good will from people but there is too much product out there for this to be acceptable.

I think it looks great when its pieced together so for the unknowing viewer all is great. But I sweat the small stuff and the off chance her hair falls off and breaks... trying to fix broken hair? Imagine just moving it and forgetting about the wig? Pass.

Still an amazing looking statue with detail and presence.
You're right of course, we shouldn't have to fix wigs at this or any other price...but
now I'm not sure what it is but it's the paper felt stuff XM send out with their statues to place on the underside of the head pieces...and I simply placed a folded piece of that at the back of the hair socket and that cured the wig slip problem.
there's still a very small gap but you would have to be standing directly above her too see it, small dab of black paint in that spot...problem solved.
I think she an absolutely amazing piece and a couple of minor tweaks to help her out is, in my case, not going to have me send her back and risk getting one with the same issue or worse.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 12:04 AM   #384
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
You're right of course, we shouldn't have to fix wigs at this or any other price...but
now I'm not sure what it is but it's the paper felt stuff XM send out with their statues to place on the underside of the head pieces...and I simply placed a folded piece of that at the back of the hair socket and that cured the wig slip problem.
there's still a very small gap but you would have to be standing directly above her too see it, small dab of black paint in that spot...problem solved.
I think she an absolutely amazing piece and a couple of minor tweaks to help her out is, in my case, not going to have me send her back and risk getting one with the same issue or worse.
I agree its an amazing looking piece and sounds like you might have some of the issues under control. Hopefully that helps other collectors.

Personally, I think Prime 1 needs to deliver better quality with the money these things are now commanding.

I have lost faith in the pre-order.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:53 AM   #385
AC_808
Hercules

Heard about the issues with the hair on this piece. However, in this thread, not much is being said about it. Is it because not many in this forum bought this piece?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:28 PM   #386
Skafte
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Heard about the issues with the hair on this piece. However, in this thread, not much is being said about it. Is it because not many in this forum bought this piece?
I have this on order through Sideshow, still waiting for them to get it in. I think this has only shipped directly from Prime 1 so far.
Skafte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 02:20 AM   #387
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Is it because not many in this forum bought this piece?
I had the bonus version on pre-order. But at some point I realized that I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan and canceled it.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:35 AM   #388
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Still waiting on mine so cannot add much.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #389
AC_808
Hercules

Ah ok ...hoping to hear your reactions and thoughts once received.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 05:30 PM   #390
SayoSaHa
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

I have this statue and I personally have not had that issue with the hair. It sits flush and very snug for me. Magnet contact is nice and strong. That said, I would almost certainly contact prime1 for a replacement if I had the issue shown in that video. That's definitely not looking good.

As for the tiny gap that's been brought up between the hair strands showing a tiny piece of the skull, that's a really silly issue to be worked up about. The only way you'd ever see it is if you've got the statue sitting on the ground and you're standing directly in front of it, looking down. I can confirm that little gap is indeed present in mine as well.
SayoSaHa is offline   Reply With Quote