Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-23-2022, 04:04 PM   #231
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

She looks fantastic, the skirt will be even better

I would have picked this one up if it weren't for the blocky chest design
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:36 PM   #232
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
Looks to have been executed well.
I'm one of the few that actually likes the pants version.
I also preferred the angry portrait but never felt the head turn married well with that expression.

Actually, thinking about it just now, I think it's the eye-line that throws it off for me - I wish her eyes were more centred, looking straight out.
Still, the whole thing looks great, though.
I like the pants version too, but since this is my first Wonder Woman PF I wanted a classic look. If I already had a couple other PFs in my collection the pants would have made a nice variant look.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:46 AM   #233
Milo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
Thanks for the pics! I think the skirt version of this will be the best comic Wonder Woman currently available.

Speaking of the skirt version, Prime 1 just took the final payment from my paypal account, so it should be shipping today or tomorrow...
ooh ! cool for you! when you receive it, take nice pictures please ! with good brightness, no flash and no lens distortion. Often, the first receptions, people rush to take pictures in poor conditions that do not honor the statue. I'm always telling people who complain that the statues look like a miss : "No, but there, he took a picture too close, hence the fish eyes, or the bad proportions", "There it's shiny, pale because of the Flash", etc.

this wonder woman deserves beautiful pictures to also relieve those who have been waiting since 2019 HAHAHA

Other than the kotobukiya from Wonder Woman justice league, I don't have a Wonder Woman with the skirt. But, this one with the pants captured my "heart". I'm not distracted by her bare legs, I love her curves , but I find her more badass with pants xd She looks "purer" with the skirt <3
I hesitated a moment skirt / pants, but Pants won

generalszabo, it's funny, for me it's precisely the design of the chest which is a strong point of the statue people have different tastes and that's what's beautiful ^^
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:57 AM   #234
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Fair enough, both versions look great (well, 3 versions now!). The portraits in particular are very nice
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:11 PM   #235
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Can't wait for mine!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:57 AM   #236
Milo
Doh!

status changed from "pre order" to "buy now". I really want to see pictures !
Old 09-12-2022, 07:17 PM   #237
Markhatestoys
Justice League

SHE'S HERE!

Weirdly, my Prime 1 account said that it's still preparing for shipment, and they didn't send me a tracking number, but she arrived today. I got the exclusive version with the skirt (and I picked the quickest shipping method.)

First things first: I'm not taking pictures because all I have is a cell phone and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about how she looks: she's gorgeous. She came 99.99% intact; on one out of the three heads (my second choice out of three, the slightly open mouth) there is the tiniest flake of black paint--like 1/16 of an inch--rubbed off on one tiny hair strand on the back of her head. No breakage, just a flake of paint rubbed off, the easiest fix ever if I wanted to use that head. No other problems at all and my first choice head (closed mouth) is attached and perfect and looking stern and beautiful and ready for whatever's next. The third choice head (angry expression) is also perfect but will stay in the box forever.

Assembly is easy and there is a nice color insert with photographs taking you step by step. Everything keys in nice and tight where it belongs. For anyone wondering how to get the coiled lasso on, it attached magnetically, although it doesn't seem like it would. But it does, just look closely at the photo and put it exactly where you're supposed to.

I really need to find an unboxing video now because I forgot exactly how the other two heads are positioned in their spots in the styrofoam and I want to make sure they don't take damage when I box them back up. Since I have mine I assume others are arriving and hopefully we'll have pics and video reviews soon.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Prime 1 is doing the prettiest female portraits in the business. If they had the 1/4 license to Marvel and DC I would probably give them the lion's share of my statue collecting dollars.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:11 PM   #238
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
SHE'S HERE!

Weirdly, my Prime 1 account said that it's still preparing for shipment, and they didn't send me a tracking number, but she arrived today. I got the exclusive version with the skirt (and I picked the quickest shipping method.)

First things first: I'm not taking pictures because all I have is a cell phone and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about how she looks: she's gorgeous. She came 99.99% intact; on one out of the three heads (my second choice out of three, the slightly open mouth) there is the tiniest flake of black paint--like 1/16 of an inch--rubbed off on one tiny hair strand on the back of her head. No breakage, just a flake of paint rubbed off, the easiest fix ever if I wanted to use that head. No other problems at all and my first choice head (closed mouth) is attached and perfect and looking stern and beautiful and ready for whatever's next. The third choice head (angry expression) is also perfect but will stay in the box forever.

Assembly is easy and there is a nice color insert with photographs taking you step by step. Everything keys in nice and tight where it belongs. For anyone wondering how to get the coiled lasso on, it attached magnetically, although it doesn't seem like it would. But it does, just look closely at the photo and put it exactly where you're supposed to.

I really need to find an unboxing video now because I forgot exactly how the other two heads are positioned in their spots in the styrofoam and I want to make sure they don't take damage when I box them back up. Since I have mine I assume others are arriving and hopefully we'll have pics and video reviews soon.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Prime 1 is doing the prettiest female portraits in the business. If they had the 1/4 license to Marvel and DC I would probably give them the lion's share of my statue collecting dollars.
Good info and congrats! Yes, the paint fleck should be an easy fix. Mine is probably on the water so I'll look for it in 2 months.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:42 AM   #239
Milo
Doh!

Quote:
SHE'S HERE!

Thanks for your review ! I'll wait for some nice pics then x) every day, I check if someone posts pictures
But one question: are the HS closer to the original prototype photos, or do they look like the heads of the Great Hera, please? (my comparison photos on page 22^^) Is the closed mouth tiara successful?

Glad you're happy with your purchase! At least you didn't have to wait these 2 years of pre-order
Old 09-13-2022, 03:01 AM   #240
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
SHE'S HERE!

I had the same issue. Prime 1 shipped her to me via DHL and it hit me with an import duty so my shipping cost actually went up even more. I don?t know why they did that and it?s somewhat annoying. My account still says preparing shipment so I?m kinda confused,
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote