Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #51
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
Can't tell since Blitzway did not give the dimensions of the statue. Who ordered? Is this main web shipping from China? Where can we buy from US?
Sideshow will probably carry it.

I confirmed with Timewalker Toys earlier today that they will too, as soon as they get their distributor call sheet in the next couple days.

As for shipping, not sure - considering Sideshow charges $20-$25 for a basic 1/6 figure, I would imagine at least $40+ for a much larger/heavier 1/4 statue. But Sideshow tends to overcharge, perhaps shipping direct from Blitzway will be cheaper.

As for shipping direct from Blitzway, the fee appears to be TBD - as a test, i tried checking out and it only charges you for the $46 Paypal deposit and shipping is TBD.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:57 PM   #52
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Even if she leans I think the 20x13” is more than enough.

I love the gold dress version so much that I bought 4. 2 are still at my buddy's crib. Don't intent to sell though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B27AF85-78BB-4B68-8206-24CD824BF190.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	133862   Click image for larger version

Name:	120949491_3557947877601731_1185450924972306182_n.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	133864  
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #53
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Sideshow will probably carry it.

I confirmed with Timewalker Toys earlier today that they will too, as soon as they get their distributor call sheet in the next couple days.

As for shipping, not sure - considering Sideshow charges $20-$25 for a basic 1/6 figure, I would imagine at least $40+ for a much larger/heavier 1/4 statue. But Sideshow tends to overcharge, perhaps shipping direct from Blitzway will be cheaper.

As for shipping direct from Blitzway, the fee appears to be TBD - as a test, i tried checking out and it only charges you for the $46 Paypal deposit and shipping is TBD.
Thanks for the info! I sent Blitzway an inquiry though their contact. Hope I hear from them soon.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #54
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I want more statues to have a motorized turntable.

The statue's nice too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #55
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I want more statues to have a motorized turntable.

The statue's nice too.
is the motorized turntable likely battery operated (not USB)?

Don't know often I would use it, but it's a nice option to have.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #56
pdenham
Teen Titans

Great move incorporating a turntable with this.

I'm not 100% on the face sculpt but I'll spare people the deep analysis, since it's still clearly reads as MM, and from certain angles looks to be entirely spot on.

As a full statue, no real criticisms or nit-picks.
It looks fantastic and I love the composition of the billowing skirt- even if this wasn't the exact pose I would have preferred from that moment/set of photos.

Simple, classy, iconic- it's gonna be hard for a pin-up/cheesecake and MM fan like myself to pass this one up.
The turntable function makes this especially compelling. I wonder if there will be a way to adjust the speed? If it's locked into a relatively fast speed (like anything over 1 rpm) that might it kill it for me though.

Also, after seeing the JND Arthur Fleck just now, I feel like I should be saving up for an eventual 1/3 silicone piece (not necessarily of MM) that will absolutely, completely blow me away.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #57
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Looks nice but I was never a fan of MM. The bleach blonde, plastic surgery and makeup made her look fake. Not a look a care for.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:07 AM   #58
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
Even if she leans I think the 20x13” is more than enough.

I love the gold dress version so much that I bought 4. 2 are still at my buddy's crib. Don't intent to sell though.
Out of curiosity, are the 3 extra Marilyn statues in case one gets damaged?

Or are you planning to display them in different parts of the house or a secondary residence?

Occasionally, I will buy multiples of the same 1/6 figure but to display with different outfits, accessories or poses - Marty McFly, Alita and Wonder Woman (Hot Toys) off the top of my head, are examples.

The only instance where I bought the same statue twice was the JSC Little Mermaid SSC statue, but that's because the second came in a variant color.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #59
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
is the motorized turntable likely battery operated (not USB)?

Don't know often I would use it, but it's a nice option to have.
Not sure. Either would be nice. The SS Harley Hell on Wheels and Poison Ivy pieces would benefit from them though.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #60
yipkusing

Quote:
Out of curiosity, are the 3 extra Marilyn statues in case one gets damaged?

Or are you planning to display them in different parts of the house or a secondary residence?

Occasionally, I will buy multiples of the same 1/6 figure but to display with different outfits, accessories or poses - Marty McFly, Alita and Wonder Woman (Hot Toys) off the top of my head, are examples.

The only instance where I bought the same statue twice was the JSC Little Mermaid SSC statue, but that's because the second came in a variant color.
Well I kept my XM pieces in their boxes for a really long time. And they are fine.