Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #951
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Did you use economy shipping? It doesn't seem to be affecting that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked my Zod and the shipping went from $161 on my original invoice to $255. Seems like they shouldn't be able to change something after they quoted you a price. I won't be ordering direct from them ever again. They should really have just stuck with Sideshow.

Shipping on my current two 1/4 scale Prime 1 Pre orders amounts to $181.00 each.
I don't know if it has gone up, as i cannot remember what it was before.
The price is more than double what Sideshow would charge for small 1/4 scale pieces.
Who knows, it could rise further.

Now i know what the shipping is, i can keep an idea on it. If it creeps up beyond $200, i'll cancel both pieces.

I noticed the follow message with regards to Semi El Sharef‎ post, complaining about Prime 1 shipping price hikes:
'An admin turned off commenting for this post.'
-Admin (Prime 1 Studios - Facebook)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #952
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I used standard shipping and it looks like its holding steady. But yeah I feel like this is my first and last time ordering from P1. I'm sure this will pop up on Sideshow and I'll be kicking myself about it. Hey did they send out at least an e-mail stating they raised your shipping quote?
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:35 PM   #953
yodasan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I just logged into the P1 website. I ordered the Batman Hush (Batcave edition) and it seems my shipping hasn't changed from what I locked in. Now that probably won't see any release until 2022 so we will see. I'll say this I will not agree to any other shipping price other than what is in my invoice. If it goes through the roof then i want my NRD back.
When you preorder there is this line when you choose the shipping option:

"Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc."

I'm not saying this is right but it is the stated P1 policy.
yodasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #954
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Is this what Prime 1 does?

Quotes you one shipping price at Pre-Order and then jacks up the price at the time of delivery?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #955
yodasan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just tried starting a preorder of the regular Batcave Hush Batman and am seeing a shipping cost (to California) of $156/245 for economy/standard, which tbh does not seem bad given the volume of the boxes and the shipping distance.

Of course that may go up when its time to ship!

yodasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:45 PM   #956
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
I just tried starting a preorder of the regular Batcave Hush Batman and am seeing a shipping cost (to California) of $156/245 for economy/standard, which tbh does not seem bad given the volume of the boxes and the shipping distance.

Of course that may go up when its time to ship!

So there's a chance the shipping price will rise....hmmm. that's definitely something to consider.

if BBTS $4 shipping is gonna hold for the regular DX version, i'm not sure it's worth the shipping charge hike on a head I never plan to display.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:45 PM   #957
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Is this what Prime 1 does?

Quotes you one shipping price at Pre-Order and then jacks up the price at the time of delivery?
Yes. Part of why some people prefer Big Bad Toy Store is the cost is locked in at point of purchase.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #958
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
When you preorder there is this line when you choose the shipping option:

"Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc."

I'm not saying this is right but it is the stated P1 policy.
I missed this somehow. But I'll say this I will just miss out if its more. I'll remember to order from sideshow,BBTS, Spec Fiction going forward. Its a crappy policy. My patience got the better of me. How about give me an estimate and charge me at the time of actual shipping? Not a fan of what P1 is doing here. If you put the price in the invoice for shipping then that should be the price just like BBTS does it. Or don't and charge the customer at the time. I'm sitting here thinking I'm locked it.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #959
Python
Omega Red

I just looked on my account. My Jungle Hunter Predator DX has gone from $248 to $320. Nice of them to notify us of changes. If it goes up stupidly high I'll be asking for a full refund.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #960
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Not to beat this horse but to me thtas adding insult to injury! You need to send a notification if the price of the shipping has gone up.