Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #31
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I disagree about the quality declining. Of the six films released in the last two years, Black Panther, Spider-Man: Far From Home and both Avengers movies I consider to be some of the best in the franchise.
And you're more than welcome to consider those last two Avengers movies as "some" of the best. How many people consider Endgame to be the best Marvel movie though? Probably not nearly as many who consider Winter Soldier as the #1. Personal opinions are personal opinions though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #32
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
And you're more than welcome to consider those last two Avengers movies as "some" of the best. How many people consider Endgame to be the best Marvel movie though? Probably not nearly as many who consider Winter Soldier as the #1. Personal opinions are personal opinions though.
Be hard to pick my personal #1.

Be between Infinity War, Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2, Winter Soldier and Civil War.

I will say Endgame had my all time favorite MCU moment.
Spoiler
Captain America wielding Mjolnir
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #33
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Be between Infinity War, Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2, Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Spoiler
Lol, Ok, that moment alone would've made Batman and Robin worth watching. Infinity War was really good though, basically anything where Cap and IM are involved in is a winner for me.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #34
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Avengers: Endgame doesn't have to be the best Marvel movie to prove the quality of the entire franchise hasn't dropped in recent years. Even if Winter Soldier is considered by many to be the pinnacle, how many other MCU films from that time are regarded as top tier compared to the movies released in 2018 and onward? I suppose one could look at the general audience ratings on the movie review websites to get a definitive answer.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #35
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:

Spoiler
Avengers: Infinity War is still my #1 MCU film. Maybe it's time we all revisit this thread: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166037
Old 11-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #36
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Even if Winter Soldier is considered by many to be the pinnacle, how many other MCU films from that time are regarded as top tier compared to the movies released in 2018 and onward?
Well, IMO, the Iron Man and Cap America movies are the best ones. Iron Man, Captain America:The First Avenger, Civil War, Avengers. Not everyone shares that sentiment but again my prediction is that without those two in the mix, the quality starts going down. That and the amount of pie in the face moments just to bring in ticket sales will contribute as well.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #37
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Well, IMO, the Iron Man and Cap Marvel movies are the best ones. Iron Man, Captain America:The First Avenger, Civil War, Avengers. Not everyone shares that sentiment but again my prediction is that without those two in the mix, the quality starts going down. That and the amount of pie in the face moments just to bring in ticket sales will contribute as well.
Okay, I interpreted "starting its way downhill" as having already started, but I see now you mean Phase Four and onward without Iron Man and Captain America.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #38
Mister H
Green Goblin

Holey Moley! I meant to say Iron Man and Captain America! Not Captain Marvel.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #39
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:

Spoiler
That was a great moment. For me, it was
Spoiler
when Cap said, "Avengers...assemble" and the heroes all yelled and the blast of the instrumental music in the background.
I lost count how many times I watched that scene.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #40
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Winter Soldier most definitely is my #1.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote