Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And fools pay it. I don't give a rats ass what my brown shipper looks like as long as the art box and statue are intact.

Smart move on Sideshow to see a niche and address it. This will also help on customer complaints about boxing because they can say "we gave the you the option, you didn't take it."
The same here.

There are collectors who think 100+ years into the future, and like the idea of owning for example a Hot Toys figure that has not only 'not' left the art box, but the art box has never left the brown shipper box which makes it mint in sealed box, sealed in mint brown shipper box, thus making it worth a possible fortune!!! even if the contents will never see the light of day and might have perished

It is similar to owning a bottle of super expensive wine that might taste like vinegar.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:38 PM   #12
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Hey I got a partial refund before when my brown shipper came Dented badly and it went through into my art box. The damage was about a 8-10 inches slit inside. But that was years ago. Now I don't care about boxes anymore because 50% comes destroyed anyways. But this is for collectors edition boxes?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:58 PM   #13
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I agree getting compensation for damage going thru the shipper so badly it breaks the art box.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:48 AM   #14
Biggunz
Loki

Shysters!!! How much for triple box
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #15
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

so..I just received HQ Hell on wheels-She was in the double boxed option-(this was already selected way prior to them making this an option) I had her art box and her brown shipper box-not another box too? so I am not quite sure if that means they will send You art box with a sticker on it. Which if that is the case that is pretty crappy-I have already had to contact them for replacement on HQ so I haven't even set her up. I just put her back in the shipper box awaiting instructions.
IDK?
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #16
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
so..I just received HQ Hell on wheels-She was in the double boxed option-(this was already selected way prior to them making this an option) I had her art box and her brown shipper box-not another box too? so I am not quite sure if that means they will send You art box with a sticker on it. Which if that is the case that is pretty crappy-I have already had to contact them for replacement on HQ so I haven't even set her up. I just put her back in the shipper box awaiting instructions.
IDK?
I doubt it...possible there was a mix up. I can't imagine they'd just slap a sticker on the art box and ship it. That would piss a lot of people off.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:18 PM   #17
jcm3
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And fools pay it. I don't give a rats ass what my brown shipper looks like as long as the art box and statue are intact.
When the brown shipper is damaged so is the art box inside as with PF statues they rarely use foam blocks on the art box inside to create an air gap. They just squeeze the art box into the brown shipper so every time my brown shippers arrive with dented corners or punctures the art box inside has the same damage in the same spots. I’ve bought a couple dozen over the years and for a brief time they were using foam blocks but quickly went back to their old ways, probably to make the boxes as small as possible to save on shipping costs.
jcm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #18
Destroyous
Justice League

Yeah the foam corners need to come back! Agreed big time. Mine are always thrashed to hell. And that’s only like a 100 mile trip from Thousand Oaks to where I live. I can imagine all the beat downs it goes through traveling across the country or world. The company is called Sideshow COLLECTIBLES they’re supposed to have a massive emphasis on the collectibility part and know that it’s important to us to get things mint. It’s really a bummer when I started I didn’t have a big collection so had room to display the boxes along with the statue. I’m sure there’s tons of people still out there that like to do that. That like keeping their collection small to just like 3 statues. We need our nice boxes back. Eh just what I think.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #19
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
Yeah the foam corners need to come back! Agreed big time. Mine are always thrashed to hell. And that’s only like a 100 mile trip from Thousand Oaks to where I live. I can imagine all the beat downs it goes through traveling across the country or world. The company is called Sideshow COLLECTIBLES they’re supposed to have a massive emphasis on the collectibility part and know that it’s important to us to get things mint. It’s really a bummer when I started I didn’t have a big collection so had room to display the boxes along with the statue. I’m sure there’s tons of people still out there that like to do that. That like keeping their collection small to just like 3 statues. We need our nice boxes back. Eh just what I think.
Exactly!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:39 PM   #20
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Foam corners and start using the Velcro straps like XM and PCS. I think Prime 1 does too. Pay attention to the details Sideshow. Especially with the prices we pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
The General is offline   Reply With Quote