Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #411
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

BBTS is going to have a lot of angry customers if they all decide they want the set vs. a discount. I wonder if HMO promised them more but last minute realized the sell out was quick.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #412
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
As mad as it might seem, i own two of the same statue.
Hot Box from Yamato USA . The reason being, i spotted one on ebay going for a good price, a price i could no resist.

The statue stands on a black ammunition magazine. There was an exclusive, that stands on a silver ammunition magazine. I have the option to create my own exclusive
The prototype on that piece always looked good but I could never decide on it so I passed. I only own the Sorayama Commando from his works.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #413
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
BBTS is going to have a lot of angry customers if they all decide they want the set vs. a discount. I wonder if HMO promised them more but last minute realized the sell out was quick.
im thinking that HMO didn't give them a proper amount and said they were short on ultimate after bbts was sold out of ultimate. here is the initial email i got said

"Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!

We have been notified that the Darkstalkers Felicia Ultimate Limited Edition 1/4 Scale Statue Set has been heavily allocated, so we will not be receiving enough to fulfill a portion of the Pre-orders. We would like to offer the opportunity to change your Pre-order to the individual statue listings with a 10% discount for the inconvenience, making total purchase price $1529.99 ($764.99 each) (excluding shipping or sales tax where applicable)."

I asked what happens if I don't change my order to individual statue. they responded that i might risk a cancellation.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #414
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
yes but only with the Ultimate edition. and i believe you get 1 print with it.

that was one of the main reason why i ordered ultimate. But since BBTS gave me 10% ($170) discount on regular pieces, i had to give up the print and ultimate edition. that discount was good to ignore, each piece cost me $765 which is less than retailer price (799).

As soon as they changed my order, i saw the black version got sold out on their website. hopefully this doesn't create another similar issue like i had with the ultimate edition where they told me they don't have enough quantity.
What does the print look like?
HMO should supplied prints with all pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
The prototype on that piece always looked good but I could never decide on it so I passed. I only own the Sorayama Commando from his works.
Commando looks good. I think that was kit form only.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #415
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
What does the print look like?
HMO should supplied prints with all pieces.

Commando looks good. I think that was kit form only.
i don't think they revealed the print. i don't think they even revealed their last statue mai print. unless they posted some where in their facebook.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #416
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I keep coming back here to torture myself. I think she is hella cute, but I'm not biting. As much as I damn want to I won't.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #417
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I keep coming back here to torture myself. I think she is hella cute, but I'm not biting. As much as I damn want to I won't.
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with her, but I really have to slap my own hand as thinking "and where would she go?" with my collection plan.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:36 PM   #418
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with her, but I really have to slap my own hand as thinking "and where would she go?" with my collection plan.
When Felicia arrives, the plan is to place her in with my hodgepodge gaming character section,
which is a a mish-mash collection of pieces of various scale's and game origins..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #419
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
When Felicia arrives, the plan is to place her in with my hodgepodge gaming character section,
which is a a mish-mash collection of pieces of various scale's and game origins..
Yeah, that would be where she'd go in mine. If it wasn't for all the delays mine would be filled in nicely all around, but have several spaces waiting for pieces from 2020...now 2021...maybe 2022.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #420
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Considering her height, I won't be displaying her with my other gaming pieces. But she'll look great in my white PAX display (I POed the black version) which holds most of my "less dressed" female statues.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote