Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-12-2019, 01:37 AM   #1001
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Yeah, the smoke planning was awful. Should have been plastic.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:02 AM   #1002
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Mine showed up today... Portraits don't look very good in person. Very disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I opened up this piece today and wow, blown away. The painted face, wow.
Seems to be a matter of taste as always. But still the proto heads are what collectors were expecting to get. I'll see it in person soon (not my own one).
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #1003
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Yea, theres a new YouTube review where the guy actually says wow when looking as t the portrait he thought it looked so good.
Mentioned he couldn't understand the complaints at all.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #1004
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I was very critical and YES, its not the proto BUT it is painted very good and the details on texture, body, equipment is more then I expected. A really good statue and the drama about the warpainted head is unfortunatelly hyped. Like I said, its not the proto but very good and not a failed like the first rouge googled eye head or a fail.

When you see him in person (and would not know about the professsional painted head) you will say WOW !
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #1005
chronos1919
Nightwing

There are some people that really seem to like declaring a new statue a "fail" right out of the gate. Part of me thinks they don't want to or can't afford to spend the money on it so it makes them feel better about passing on it.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:37 PM   #1006
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
There are some people that really seem to like declaring a new statue a "fail" right out of the gate. Part of me thinks they don't want to or can't afford to spend the money on it so it makes them feel better about passing on it.
Agree 100%. I also think they like hearing themselves talk, thinking their opinion is going to sway someone else. lol
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #1007
punisher2000

ENVY is always a problem ... BUT WHO CARES WHEN HAVING AN AWESOME STATUE !!

FACT IS: PUNISHER IS FUXXING AWESOME AND SIDESHOW DID AN FABULOUS JOB!
Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #1008
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Punisher PF looked amazing from the initial photos and youtube video reviewers. The concept embodies the character and the sculpt carries him through. For me it is an EX or fail. Regular head brings a soldier to mind. The war paint is the elite navy seal...or someone intending to rain hell and bring war with him. That next level between when someone just pushes you, or they push a loved one. Some say this piece is too muscular? Like maybe a car is too fast or that girl is too hot? Maybe next level stuff just isn't for you.

I aint saying this to convince anyone to buy the Punisher PF as it is already in my collection and wow! I am saying this as anyone would acknowledge a nice car or a hot babe walking by. Because it is a nice car and schwing. Buy or don't buy, I am happy to walk by my piece and know I made the right choice.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #1009
punisher2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
The Punisher PF looked amazing from the initial photos and youtube video reviewers. The concept embodies the character and the sculpt carries him through. For me it is an EX or fail. Regular head brings a soldier to mind. The war paint is the elite navy seal...or someone intending to rain hell and bring war with him. That next level between when someone just pushes you, or they push a loved one. Some say this piece is too muscular? Like maybe a car is too fast or that girl is too hot? Maybe next level stuff just isn't for you.

I aint saying this to convince anyone to buy the Punisher PF as it is already in my collection and wow! I am saying this as anyone would acknowledge a nice car or a hot babe walking by. Because it is a nice car and schwing. Buy or don't buy, I am happy to walk by my piece and know I made the right choice.

Correct!

HOT HOT HOT...

Old 12-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #1010
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I don't think a lot of people that buy these things have any problems with money at all Since not only the statues are a topic but also space and display which both require a lot of money as well. If you are able to afford multiple statues or other collectibles a year (10K a year is nothing special) I am sure this is no factor. In my case I only post my opinion about a statue in either way, positive or negative. To each their own and tastes differ.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote