Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Flat PAnel TVs

I might buy one this weekend and I need help on which is the best one out there. I already know that I will be getting a 32 inch with 1080p, but the brand and where to buy is whats killing me. Which is better...Samsung, LG, Sony? IS it better to buy it from Target, Sears, or Best Buy? Thanks for your help!
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

best buy website has a good tutorial on how to buy these. maybe check that out first it isnt to long. where to buy it is based on price to quality and i am sure most electronic stores have better quality. specialty tv stores are great as well.

at this point i would say wait though. if you wanna do black friday there will be great deals an dif you can wait for january that is the best time for a tv cause of superbowl specials they really hook you up.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Python
Omega Red

I would certainly recommend you get one with 100hz tech also otherwise you will more than likely end up with a blurry picture whenever the screen moves. I personally like the sony bravia W series (32w5500) in your case but the best bet would be to have a good look in an electrical store and see which one is right for you?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Endless Wake

I don't think you need 1080p for a 32", its not big enough for you to notice any difference.

From CNET;
Quote:
The truth about 1080p
In the last couple of years, HDTVs with 1080p native resolution have taken over the market at nearly every price and size point. But as we've been saying all along, once you get to high-definition, the difference between resolutions becomes much more difficult to appreciate.

We've done numerous side-by-side tests between two same-size HDTVs, one with 1080p resolution and another with lower resolution, and every time it's been almost impossible to see the difference with regular program material, especially when that material is moving. The difference becomes even more difficult to see at smaller screen sizes or farther seating distances--say, more than 1.5 times the diagonal measurement of the screen. For example, to see the benefits of stationary 1080p content on a 50-inch screen, you'll generally need to sit about 6.5 feet or closer. Few viewers want to sit that close, especially when low-quality content seen at that distance (remember the "garbage" maxim?) looks so bad.
http://www.cnet.com/hdtv-resolution/...in;contentBody
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I would certainly recommend you get one with 100hz tech also otherwise you will more than likely end up with a blurry picture whenever the screen moves. I personally like the sony bravia W series (32w5500) in your case but the best bet would be to have a good look in an electrical store and see which one is right for you?
You mean 120hz, though a lot of people do not enjoy this mode (myself included). I find it looks artificial, making a lot of movies look like soap operas. But to each their own!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
best buy website has a good tutorial on how to buy these. maybe check that out first it isnt to long. where to buy it is based on price to quality and i am sure most electronic stores have better quality. specialty tv stores are great as well.

at this point i would say wait though. if you wanna do black friday there will be great deals an dif you can wait for january that is the best time for a tv cause of superbowl specials they really hook you up.
Good point about the Super Bowl.

That's what I'm planning to do.

I've heard a lot of good things about Samsung's LED TV's series 7000. Currently @ 2700 (55") hopefully will drop further now that the 8000 series is out.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Samsung Touch of color 52 inch!! Look it up on Cnet or anywhere else it is AMAZING LCD!! I love mine All 1080p with very clean and deep blacks! There are of course better but this is VERY VERY good! especially now for the money and drop in price you cant go wrong! Bluray is SICK on this set!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
nemesisenforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post

Thanks! I might aim at Black Friday to get this TV. I will get a bigger screen in January, since you said that they really hook you up.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
nemesisenforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
My sister has a Sony Bravia and the quality is really good. As for going to the store to compare, I went their before I started this thread and there were slight differences in quality. I couldnt decide which to get so I turn to you guys
Old 11-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
nemesisenforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
I don't think you need 1080p for a 32", its not big enough for you to notice any difference.

From CNET;

http://www.cnet.com/hdtv-resolution/...in;contentBody
This is good to know. However I need to set them side by side to see for myself. I will go back to the store and hopefully I can see that is beside each other. Thanks!