Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Sebastian Shaw v The Thing
Sebastian Shaw 9 23.68%
The Thing 27 71.05%
Draw! 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Justin
Jedi Order

Question Sebastian Shaw v The Thing

Who do you take here? The man that absorbs kinetic energy and it makes him stronger or The FF Powerhouse?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Justin
Jedi Order

Sebastian Shaw the Black King of the Hellfire Club for me here!
Old 05-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
rychehitman
Galactus

Damn....this is a good one.

Shaw is smarter. Shaw is faster.

Ben is stronger. Ben is a more seasoned fighter.

I REALLY want to say SHAW...I really do...

However, the only way he could beat Benjy is to absorb enough energy to become "stonger" than Ben...and hope Ben tires himself out in the process. Ben would have to be beaten into submission...and that is not an easy thing to do for anybody. Ben is one of those big dumb guys that just keeps going. Some see that as "heart", while others see it for what it is. The inability for his brain to process the damage his body is going through at the speed of which the damage is occuring. Ben would fall eventually....but I think Shaw would eventually use up the power he absorbed in the process. Ben would eventaully be unable to defend himself, and not strike Shaw...and Shaw would likely run out of juice without being able to KO Ben.

I hate to say it...but I have to go with Ben on this...even though, in theory...Shaw SHOULD win.

I just read that Shaw has developed some low level metal abilities? Anyone have info. on that?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

However, the only way he could beat Benjy is to absorb enough energy to become "stonger" than Ben...and hope Ben tires himself out in the process. Ben would have to be beaten into submission...and that is not an easy thing to do for anybody. Ben is one of those big dumb guys that just keeps going. Some see that as "heart", while others see it for what it is. The inability for his brain to process the damage his body is going through at the speed of which the damage is occuring. Ben would fall eventually....but I think Shaw would eventually use up the power he absorbed in the process. Ben would eventaully be unable to defend himself, and not strike Shaw...and Shaw would likely run out of juice without being able to KO Ben.

I hate to say it...but I have to go with Ben on this...even though, in theory...Shaw SHOULD win.

I just read that Shaw has developed some low level metal abilities? Anyone have info. on that?
He's touring with Pantera. He's got base down, its regular guitar that's giving him trouble
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
He's touring with Pantera. He's got base down, its regular guitar that's giving him trouble

okay...make that MENTAL abilities...not METAL!
Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

okay...make that MENTAL abilities...not METAL!
AHHHHHH!!! ok. well......um...........I don't know anything about that.......
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:

Ryche the thing is, the way i understand Shaw's mutant powers are that the more his is struck, The stronger he gets. He wont just run out of gas mate, He will keep on pounding on Ben until there isnt anything left. I guess you could call Shaw a poor man Hulk, In that the more he gets hit the stronger he's getting
Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

if Ben were to STOP hitting Shaw...Shaw would run out of gas in about an hour. He doesnt hold onto an absorbed power level much longer than that.

So, if I think that even if he pounds away at that big pile of rocks for an hour...Ben would not (a) admit defeat, or (b) pass out. Then when Shaw reverts back to normal strength levels, he couldnt do much damage against Bens thick hide!

See what I mean?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
if Ben were to STOP hitting Shaw...Shaw would run out of gas in about an hour. He doesnt hold onto an absorbed power level much longer than that.

So, if I think that even if he pounds away at that big pile of rocks for an hour...Ben would not (a) admit defeat, or (b) pass out. Then when Shaw reverts back to normal strength levels, he couldnt do much damage against Bens thick hide!

See what I mean?
Yeah i can see your point Ryche

But do you think Ben has the brains to stop hitting Shaw before he gets to a strength level were he will be able to simply destroy Ben?

and would not Shaw hitting Ben provide him with more kinetic energy to absorb and as such make him stronger? that was always something i thought should happen.

The best i see Ben getting out of this fight is a draw, that’s a best case scenario for me
Old 05-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
SD RUM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Shaw only absorbs kinetic energy when he is getting hit, correct?

What if Ben just grabs Shaw w/out hitting him & rips his freakin limbs off?!?! That sounds right in theory if Shaw only has the normal strength of a regular man when he does not absorb any energy.

Ben should be able to tear this guy in half or snap his back.
SD RUM is offline   Reply With Quote