Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Wrist n shoulder for sure
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
Man if they price him there I'm def out. I'd rather put that money towards the maquette
How tall is Hulk in the movies/comics?

The Iron Monger by HT is priced at $480 and is 17.5" tall. So full size Monger is roughly 8 feet 9 inches tall (if my math is right). Iron Monger is mainly a "B" list character as well. Sure it was in the film but not many people care about it so for it to still be priced at $480 that says something

I think when people see Hulk's price, many people will pull out on this one
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

killer..i just might have to get this one. but after what you just said..then yeah..i might just save it and put it towards the maquette
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
hulksmash
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
How tall is Hulk in the movies/comics?

The Iron Monger by HT is priced at $480 and is 17.5" tall. So full size Monger is roughly 8 feet 9 inches tall (if my math is right). Iron Monger is mainly a "B" list character as well. Sure it was in the film but not many people care about it so for it to still be priced at $480 that says something

I think when people see Hulk's price, many people will pull out on this one
All great points, especially the last one. I gotta imagine with the way HT has been reissuing figures I can't see how someone would be up for paying that much for any of their products as their "limited editions" are usually openeded.

We all are collectors and love this hobby but we gotta be realistic in that there is only so much we can purchase and to have that unknown that a year down the road a more detailed potentially more accessory having piece could be released really puts a hold on jumping the gun if you ask me.
hulksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #15
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

Paying $480 for this or monger is RIDICULOUS! I mean when you can pay $350 for a 1/4 Enterbay piece with a better likeness then a SS PF... HT hulk being over $300 is still madness. I don't know when collectors will see the light. Paying $350 for a 1/4 statue or $480 for 16" piece of plastic?

I ordered the HT 89" Batmobile only because it was a better buy for the price. I actually considered getting the Toynami version and didn't only because it is smaller and 3x the price of HT. Sure it will be better quality, but I am hoping HT will put there hearts into it and really give Toynami a run.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Warrior View Post
Paying $480 for this or monger is RIDICULOUS! I mean when you can pay $350 for a 1/4 Enterbay piece with a better likeness then a SS PF... HT hulk being over $300 is still madness. I don't know when collectors will see the light. Paying $350 for a 1/4 statue or $480 for 16" piece of plastic?

I ordered the HT 89" Batmobile only because it was a better buy for the price. I actually considered getting the Toynami version and didn't only because it is smaller and 3x the price of HT. Sure it will be better quality, but I am hoping HT will put there hearts into it and really give Toynami a run.
the Batmobile by HT will be a hit I think. I'd have likely purchased it as well but I honestly have nowhere to put it because of its size
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
hulksmash
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Warrior View Post

Very true. There is something hard about paying statue $$$ for a 12 in rigure.
hulksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

This will be at least $450 guaranteed.
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #19
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Aside from the size of him, I dont think it justifies a high cost. There is nothing intricate about him, it cant cost that much.
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i didn't even notice those seams at first glance...good eyes
Oh u sweet thing!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote