Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-03-2023, 08:13 PM   #71
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'll send the pic to anyone that wants it. Moderator or no you can go back and tell your higher ups that we aren't going back to the days of PCS controlling conversation so they look better.
No more Bull----
Yikes. Not my intention at all but ok. It's just not approved and I don't want people thinking it comes with it.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:15 PM   #72
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Wasn't the unmasked portrait posted here? Did it got removed because it was so embarrassing to still have it out for someone to see or something. Guess being this forum's supporter has it's perks. Yes, I know, assumptions... What if I posted it back here?

Anyway, IMO the retailprice for this is quite overboard. Not really justified because it basically the same sculpt as Jade with probably no extra's (like unmasked head).
did it? i know there are actually two thread for this statue. the other thread has the unmasked portrait maybe you thinking of that one.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=171322&

anyway, it is weird that the WB didn't approve the unmasked version this time when they did the last 1/3 mileena statue. they just need to allow PCS to give the fan what they want. I am guessing Kitana is the next statue on work? hopefully after her, PSC goes after Sonya
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:12 AM   #73
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
did it? i know there are actually two thread for this statue. the other thread has the unmasked portrait maybe you thinking of that one.

No, that's not the one. If you saw it you also would have thought 'wtf is this '. It was posted in this thread but got removed (due to the reasons Matt/Fullscale stated). I know I questionmarked it but it was rhetorical; I know for certain it was posted in this thread.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:54 AM   #74
ukshaun
Hercules

Having seen the teethy portrait, i totally get why it failed to pass.
It looks very weird, and comes across as lazy on the part of the sculptor,
as the teeth look like a flat image pasted onto a flat mouth area. Not a patch on the excellent:

LOADING: Image(s)

Mileena 1/3 scale by PCS
My guess is, this Mileena will remain the best Mileena ever made. Thus making it a grail
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:45 AM   #75
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Having seen the teethy portrait, i totally get why it failed to pass.
It looks very weird, and comes across as lazy on the part of the sculptor,
as the teeth look like a flat image pasted onto a flat mouth area. Not a patch on the excellent:

LOADING: Image(s)

Mileena 1/3 scale by PCS
My guess is, this Mileena will remain the best Mileena ever made. Thus making it a grail
Yep...and the base lights up too....it has a power adaptor so no batteries...i remember you had a problem with the USA plug over there in GB...you ever get that to work?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:47 AM   #76
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post

anyway, it is weird that the DC didn't approve the unmasked version this time when they did the last 1/3 mileena statue. they just need to allow PCS to give the fan what they want. I am guessing Kitana is the next statue on work? hopefully after her, PSC goes after Sonya
LoL at that unmasked head
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:59 AM   #77
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Yep...and the base lights up too....it has a power adaptor so no batteries...i remember you had a problem with the USA plug over there in GB...you ever get that to work?
I got base working in the end, but simply plugging it in ..i half expected it to go BANG!
..what with sticking 240v into 220v device. All was well
Old 02-04-2023, 06:02 AM   #78
Stricky
Doh!

Can someone have a word with Ed Boone. Maybe he can speak WB's idiotic licensing department. Second portrait is what separates these pieces for me. Without it I'm out.
Stricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 06:08 AM   #79
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricky View Post
Can someone have a word with Ed Boone. Maybe he can speak WB's idiotic licensing department. Second portrait is what separates these pieces for me. Without it I'm out.
Not idiotic in anyway.
I was under the impression WB is fine with PCS having a swap-out portrait (thanks to NorthernLadMSP)
The issue is with the portrait PCS showed to WB. It was not up to par.
Having seen the swap-out portrait i can confirm it looks iffy at best. No doubt PCS are working on a new teethy portrait.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:56 AM   #80
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Not idiotic in anyway.
I was under the impression WB is fine with PCS having a swap-out portrait (thanks to NorthernLadMSP)
The issue is with the portrait PCS showed to WB. It was not up to par.
Having seen the swap-out portrait i can confirm it looks iffy at best. No doubt PCS are working on a new teethy portrait.
We submitted an awesome open mouth portrait that had her fangs and actual open mouth well represented. They didn't like that and requested a smiling, closed teeth rendition. They still didn't approve that but said they might with some paint revisions that we then submitted, as well as a request for the original sculpt to be reviewed for approval (because it was FAR better in every way) and we didn't hear back in time for launch. We are still hoping for an approval so we can add a head, but WB and NRS are not cooperating with the timelines.

All that said, if Jade and Mileena and Kitana (Kiana is in paint right now) don't pick up on sales, we won't continue this line at all right now. The juice is just not worth the squeeze.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote