Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-04-2023, 07:52 PM   #91
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I've talked to several different statue companies that all say the same, licensing is the hardest part of the business. So much red tape, so many delays.
Agreed. But it seems this MK license has been more troublesome than most of the others with the amount of hoops, lapses in communication, agreement reversals, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post

And on the positive: if it where to be cancelled it will be after Kitana
Exactly this. It will suck if the line has to be cancelled, but at least collectors would be able to have all three lady ninjas to display together.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:51 AM   #92
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Agreed. But it seems this MK license has been more troublesome than most of the others with the amount of hoops, lapses in communication, agreement reversals, etc.
Unlike Capcom, who appear to pass most things
About time PCS offer Street Figther V - Laura Matsuda in green fighting gear.
Their swimsuit Laura sold out in no time at all..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:37 AM   #93
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Exactly this. It will suck if the line has to be cancelled, but at least collectors would be able to have all three lady ninjas to display together.
I think its WB like disney taking more careful approach to all their content recently. which is weird cause the classic outfit in the recent game (MK 11) has no mesh over their chest, but the statue they wanted mesh over it. Im not sure what is going on in their department and who is in charge of approving/disapproving all this. my guess is with game, they can get away with such content cause it is rated for mature audience only. while statues or figure, they see it as for all ages and want to be more careful.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:13 AM   #94
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
which is weird cause the classic outfit in the recent game (MK 11) has no mesh over their chest, but the statue they wanted mesh over it.
It's a little strange, because let's be honest, the Mortal Kombat brand isn't exactly known for being subtle and modest
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:41 AM   #95
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
I think its WB like disney taking more careful approach to all their content recently. which is weird cause the classic outfit in the recent game (MK 11) has no mesh over their chest, but the statue they wanted mesh over it. Im not sure what is going on in their department and who is in charge of approving/disapproving all this. my guess is with game, they can get away with such content cause it is rated for mature audience only. while statues or figure, they see it as for all ages and want to be more careful.
And why is that in your opinion?
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:50 PM   #96
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
It's a little strange, because let's be honest, the Mortal Kombat brand isn't exactly known for being subtle and modest
Quote:
And why is that in your opinion?

that is what my guess is, like i said in the game is rated mature so they are lenient, but these statues they don't see it that way. they may see it as product for all ages. at least who ever currently in charged of it. or who ever approves what is ok in game is a completely different department and another department in charge of merchandises who are more strict.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:05 PM   #97
Straken-SWE
Hydra

There are a couple of unboxings on Youtube for Jade, most say she looks pretty damn cool when seen like that in a normal setting, and with that small box shipping is $200 for me which a can't complain about. And that in turn makes import less horrible.
Jade isn't for me though, but Mileena I will need to think about a bit, MK is such nostalgia it would be fun to have, and I currently have 0 statues on pre-order
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 04:17 AM   #98
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
There are a couple of unboxings on Youtube for Jade, most say she looks pretty damn cool when seen like that in a normal setting, and with that small box shipping is $200 for me which a can't complain about. And that in turn makes import less horrible.
Jade isn't for me though, but Mileena I will need to think about a bit, MK is such nostalgia it would be fun to have, and I currently have 0 statues on pre-order
I saw those two videos. It's definitely a hot statue with an awesome base. That shiny green on her outfit really pops. Just wish these were the ninja MKII outfits and of course 1/4 like the Noob Saibot.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 04:20 AM   #99
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I saw those two videos. It's definitely a hot statue with an awesome base. That shiny green on her outfit really pops. Just wish these were the ninja MKII outfits and of course 1/4.
i saw that video, really liked the shiny green paint. kinda making me rethink on getting the statue.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:32 PM   #100
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I played Mortal Combat as kid at the arcades. I would have considered buying this statue if it weren't for the mesh.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote