Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #91
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Still annoyd they never continued with the Salvation apocalypse story.

I absolutely loved Terminator Salvation, and captured the true dark horror nature and roots of the endos, and machines
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:15 AM   #92
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post

I absolutely loved Terminator Salvation, and captured the true dark horror nature and roots of the endos, and machines
Really?

I might have to check out Terminator Salvation. I've been holding off, as i've read so many negative reports on it, and have spoken to people that told me to avoid it.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #93
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Really?

I might have to check out Terminator Salvation. I've been holding off, as i've read so many negative reports on it, and have spoken to people that told me to avoid it.
Yeah, there's a lot of things I like about that movie. If they do actually continue with the franchise, I think the Kyle Reese and John Connor story in the apocalyptic future would be a good place to go.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:58 AM   #94
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Really?

Lol Mate it's just a movie , it's a decent ride if u have 2 hrs to spare.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #95
ukshaun
Hercules

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) - 4/10

The trailer was enough to put me off wanting to watch this.
The Blu-ray dropped this week. I caved, and gave it a chance.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead..

Terminator: Dark Fate gets off to a poor start, visually atleast.
It features a sandy beach littered with skulls, bones. The issue being, they look carefully placed, and far too arty to make the viewer feel repulsed. It gets worse, Terminator skeletons rising/marching out of the ocean firing weapons, looking good, as good as overlaid CGI can manage, but lacking that something to convince.

I liked the scene that followed - Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) at a beach bar, looking like she did in Terminator 2. This one moment out shines every other scene Dark Fate as to offer. It shows possibly the best human CGI i have seen yet in a movie, as it did not look like CGI. I was gob-smacked!

Edit: Since watching the movie, i Goggled the scene mentioned above. Reports suggest de-aging was used, like they did with Samuel Jackson in Captain Marvel. Having watched the Blu-ray extra's, they mention using 3D models, and real-life body doubles. Disney Star Wars and their CGI Princess Leia could learn a lot from those that worked on Dark Fate.

What follows is a mish-mash of scenes, most of which are boring. To break up the boring, there are action sequences that include fighting, car chases, explosions, typical stuff. The car chase looked decent enough.

The REV-9 leaping into the air CGI style looked outright dire. If they can’t do CGI well, then don’t do it at all.

Story: Grace (Mackenzie Davis) is sent from the future to save Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes) from REV-9 (Gabriel Luna). Since the action takes place on Earth, Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) appears in the mix to help out and advise Grace on what’s she is dealing with.

Linda Hamilton plays her part fine. She is older, but that doesn’t matter, as she plays the part of an aging Sarah Connor. Mackenzie Davis as Grace works well, and her skin scars look convincing. Grace is a reconstructed human, with a newly built interior. Gabriel Luna is fine playing the part of REV-9, but the fact remains, as with T2, I never bought into the concept of liquid Terminators. T2 had liquid silver, Dark Fate as liquid black. Natalia Reyes as Dani Ramos represents the weakest link, as given the gravity of what’s going on around her, her acting skill’s fail to reflect this. Is that the fault of the director? I’d say so, to some degree.

1hr 7mins is the time it takes for Arnold to appear, complete with beard.
1hr 25mins boring switches to action. There is a sense the end is nigh. The reality is, there is still 35minutes remaining. It’s never a good sign when the viewer can’t wait for the end to arrive.

REV-9 leaps like the HULK and appears to glide head first from a helicopter Ironman style? ..and land like Superman! (smooth, landing on both feet, no cape required).

Credit where credit is due, the helicopter cash, rolling, on fire, in slow-mo looks decent.
This is followed by a scene featuring a C4 Galaxy aircraft taking off. Once in the air, Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes) stands calmly on the open rear cargo door. I don’t know about you, I would be a long way out my comfort zone, standing on an open rear cargo door of a C4 Galaxy. That’s Dark Fate all over - unconvincing.

Have I mentioned the ability of the REV-9 to divide into two?
The REV-9 can divide into two monsters ..not a concept I was sold on, as it makes no sense. One creation looks like an endoskeleton, although has less chrome than a T800. The other creation looks as it did before, a human. The endoskeleton has part of its skull missing, and as far as I could tell, no brain? maybe the brain has to remain in the human half?

If you considered the T2 liquid abilities as far fetched, then Dark Fate seems all the more ridiculous.

..time to end this. I doubt I’ll watch it a 2nd time. All in all, money wasted.
If I were you, I’d wait for Dark Fate to air on TV
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #96
Augen
Metal Men

I saw it on a plane. It felt very bland to me, like poorly reheating a once tasty meal.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #97
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I saw it on a plane. It felt very bland to me, like poorly reheating a once tasty meal.
saw it on a plane as well and would say thats a very good description of what we were served, i didnt even finish it - switched over to something else
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:04 AM   #98
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Terminator selling drapes with a son named Mateo, what’s not to like??!?! LMAO. SMH.

It was beyond bad, made T3 look like a masterpiece.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #99
TheBishop
Justice League

T800 “Carl” Life Size Silicone bust only 99 made

Hi all! See a quick unboxing preview : https://youtube.com/channel/UCGVMolKkulLwSO3T5qrqNlQ

Here are some pics! Sorry that they are sideways !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9823DA1A-6F38-4756-8B0C-5AB396BEBA89.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	140365   Click image for larger version

Name:	9E90F168-B3EE-482F-85E3-477C0443FB57.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	140366   Click image for larger version

Name:	F724577B-0CA5-4BF4-A3CF-493BDEA48D70.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	140367   Click image for larger version

Name:	F2AD39EC-73CC-4B60-A82B-0C55CE70FDD3.jpg
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	140368   Click image for larger version

Name:	96899AEB-DEF0-443D-9679-ED4C0B6F798A.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	140369  

Click image for larger version

Name:	98EDC0AA-CF6C-4781-B27E-5B0BC9D2162A.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	140370   Click image for larger version

Name:	58AB3D29-9F85-4421-9FC4-574FA89485E2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	140372   Click image for larger version

Name:	92C23EE0-82A0-4F22-8CCF-F8BA6064E3A6.jpg
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	140373  
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #100
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

That's a nice Carl.

I haven't watched this movie since it came out. I tried to, but couldn't bring myself to sit through it again.

There was a nice build up of action towards the end. That's all that really left an impression on me. I didn't feel too much for the new characters. It was sad that young John died. With John Connor dead, the aging Carl, as well as Sarah, it did feel like the end, the closing of a chapter rather than an exciting reboot.

I enjoyed it more than Genisys, which I didn't like much at all. I prefer T3 though, even though it's cheesy I like the desert scenes and more John Connor.

I tried to watch Salvation again. Strangely, the action scenes seemed less exciting to me, and that's what I initially liked about it. I think it was because there were a lot of vehicle chase scenes and movies like Mad Max: Fury Road did it a whole lot better.

While it would've been nice to see more of John Connor (even to see a grown up Edward Furlong!) I guess that's all been done now and all we have is the new Netflix animated series (?)
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote