Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-29-2021, 02:27 PM   #1091
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Honestly, if an experienced photographer can only make this thing look good and not great, the issue lies with the statue. I look forward to seeing more images as always, but I don't think there are many surprises left. This isn't going to do a complete 180.

Part of me thinks seeing the really crappy images first has primed (no pun intended) many collectors into accepting a statue that is merely so-so, because seeing anything even remotely better afterwards will feel like a relief to them. I fear we were advertised a 10/10, shown a 4/10 to drive expectations into the ground, and will receive a 6/10 which we're expected to perceive as a miraculous turnaround.
100% agreed.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #1092
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Agreed, they're a clearer look than the photos, but not perfect. That harsh light is still preventing us from seeing what's really happening with the spots on the head.

Honestly, if an experienced photographer can only make this thing look good and not great, the issue lies with the statue. I look forward to seeing more images as always, but I don't think there are many surprises left. This isn't going to do a complete 180.

Part of me thinks seeing the really crappy images first has primed (no pun intended) many collectors into accepting a statue that is merely so-so, because seeing anything even remotely better afterwards will feel like a relief to them. I fear we were advertised a 10/10, shown a 4/10 to drive expectations into the ground, and will receive a 6/10 which we're expected to perceive as a miraculous turnaround.
This is a great theory. I have always found it odd how these collectors are getting things way in advance. Things are not always as they seem.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:39 PM   #1093
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was gonna pre Order this day one but decided to wait and tbh I have quite a bit of prime 1 statues and when there pics and vids started coming out they were pretty accurate and going by the video and pics I’m glad I didn’t jump on this

The quality does not match the price tag at all in my opinion and it’s over $1700 for a 1/4 that price dwarfs most 1/3s that’s insane to me

Anybody that are having second thoughts listen to your instincts cause you’ll save yourself a lot money
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #1094
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
Anybody that are having second thoughts listen to your instincts cause you’ll save yourself a lot money
Problem is I've already put down a $450 deposit on this guy. So I'm wondering if I can get more money back by keeping the preorder and selling it myself for $100 less. Seems like enough collectors out there think this is worth buying. Hell, the value may even appreciate in time.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:57 PM   #1095
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I’m sticking with it. I have a lot of P1 pieces and they are all impressive.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:01 PM   #1096
dao2
Cyclops

Anyone having second thoughts should chill and wait for more pictures :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:45 PM   #1097
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Anyone having second thoughts should chill and wait for more pictures :P
I had the same knee jerk reaction with the first Batman 52 pics. I knew the quality of those pictures weren't the best but everybody was freaking out. Other than poor engineering on his right shoulder, I was happy with mine when I got it.

Right now I'm not thrilled with this Predator, but we'll see. When Mr X got the Prime 1 Lobo, I thought it looked great.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #1098
tonytiger
The X-Men

Batman Statue Collector video is up and all can say is what happen? The dog alien came out just good as the proto..But this is not even close to the proto in paint quality,Still nice but..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:29 PM   #1099
Python
Omega Red

Just watched all of those videos, I appreciate the effort whoever made them. They show it off much better and have put my mind about a couple of things at rest. I will say that it sadly hasn't lived up to the kind of paint quality that I was hoping for and expecting tbh. Some of it, the spotting on the legs for example is no better than Sideshow would offer. The level of disapointment were seeing here for a pretty awesome statue isn't just us "picky Predator collectors" at it again. It's mostly Prime 1's fault for having such high standards for so many years and creating a certain level of expectation for themselves, they have started slipping a bit recently, while our expectations for them are still very high. But even with less than stellar paint, it is still right up there as one of the best mass produced Predator statues we've ever seen. It isn't the train wreck that we all feared it might be after the first images. It just isn't proto quality like some of their other products either. I plan to keep my order locked in unless they screw us with the shipping costs.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #1100
Halcyon
New Republic

----
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote