Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #441
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I think that's the biggest thing right there, seeing it in 3D. At the end of the day we can judge photos and videos all we want, but nothing beats seeing something first hand in person. It's very difficult to replicate that in a photo.
This is especially true for unconventional poses like this one. There's alot of depth to it between the banner, the tail, the head and the body that just doesn't translate well in pictures at all.

Quote:
For me it was the Dilo. I'm a huge Dilo fan, and I remember that day vividly. I ordered mine the second it went live (it went live at 1500 CST, and my receipt was emailed to me at 1502 or something, so almost instantly). I can live without the Para maquette and breakout Raptor I also had on order, but I'm honestly a bit heartbroken about the Dilo. I doubt it had began production yet but if it suddenly came available on Sideshow like the Rotunda Rex did, I wouldn't be able to place an order fast enough.
Yeah i remember how happy you were.
To be honest i wasn't a big fan of the oversized frills, but it was a lovely piece nonetheless and had many people excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Oh wao, so it did came out!!
Yep, Chronicle's swan song.

In terms of paint at least.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:02 AM   #442
Airnoname
Frackin!

ู^
Look really great. Seem there are no ugly big black dots anymore.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #443
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Yeah i remember how happy you were.
To be honest i wasn't a big fan of the oversized frills, but it was a lovely piece nonetheless and had many people excited.
The frill was on the larger size, but that wasn't an issue for me as I was planning to display it with the regular head. I liked the slight head tilt it was doing, giving it an inquisitive mischievous look.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:50 AM   #444
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Have to say this but what an amazing piece as Vicki mentioned in person it just sticks out with detail, when you see it in person. Probably Chronicles best Jurassic Park piece. I was going to go for the Prime 1 version but shipping on that is crazy at the moment. so glad I pulled the trigger and got this again to add to my collection. Just wish we could of got the Cryocan and the Goggles. But I'm grateful for Paul to make and give us these pieces for our collections without him we wouldn't have these. Its ashame the others brought the company down because they would of produced some nice items indeed especially this one.

dannygarrett09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #445
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
The frill was on the larger size, but that wasn't an issue for me as I was planning to display it with the regular head. I liked the slight head tilt it was doing, giving it an inquisitive mischievous look.
Right, i forgot about that!
Would have been a very nice item indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
Have to say this but what an amazing piece as Vicki mentioned in person it just sticks out with detail, when you see it in person. Probably Chronicles best Jurassic Park piece. I was going to go for the Prime 1 version but shipping on that is crazy at the moment. so glad I pulled the trigger and got this again to add to my collection. Just wish we could of got the Cryocan and the Goggles. But I'm grateful for Paul to make and give us these pieces for our collections without him we wouldn't have these. Its ashame the others brought the company down because they would of produced some nice items indeed especially this one.
Congratz Danny, it really is a great piece!
Wouldn't say Chronicle best, Raptor bust and 1:5 Rex are still my favorites, but it turned out great no doubt and it's for sure their better painted Rex.

Such a shame for the Cryo-Can and Goggles, totally agree.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #446
jmiguelro
Doh!

Woww. It’s a beauty. I thought they would not produce any more pieces since they gone into bankrupt….
jmiguelro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:41 AM   #447
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiguelro View Post
Woww. It’s a beauty. I thought they would not produce any more pieces since they gone into bankrupt….
They commissioned a factory to produce this before they went under. Contrary to the dumb opinions of some members of this board they weren't trying to steal from anyone and just ran out of money so they never got these out themselves. Someone stepped in and paid to have these finished after they were gone it seems, not sure what all the details are of the persons responsible, but glad these got to see the light of day.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #448
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They commissioned a factory to produce this before they went under. Contrary to the dumb opinions of some members of this board they weren't trying to steal from anyone and just ran out of money so they never got these out themselves. Someone stepped in and paid to have these finished after they were gone it seems, not sure what all the details are of the persons responsible, but glad these got to see the light of day.
I heard sideshow came in and paid for the finish.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:36 AM   #449
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
I heard sideshow came in and paid for the finish.
Correct. Same with the Door Knockers & Syd Mead Blaster. I think that’s it, though.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #450
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
Correct. Same with the Door Knockers & Syd Mead Blaster. I think that’s it, though.
Just wished sideshow at least did the cryocan and googles they would of made a killing of those. But I guess the factory was asking too much.