Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-04-2020, 10:50 PM   #51
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
do you really believe any of this?
This is definitely true and I have not only seen this statue but I believe I have pictures on my phone somewhere.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #52
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

$800+ for a 1/3 scale statue is not a bad price in today's market. However, making statues of a character ARH created that only a handful of people want is the problem.

For instance a 1/3 Thor from Norse mythology, you could get buyers that are into mythology and also comics (not the die hard needs to be in a marvel costume fans).

You can't create some random ARH vampire character in 1/3 scale and expect people to buy it.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #53
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
$800+ for a 1/3 scale statue is not a bad price in today's market. However, making statues of a character ARH created that only a handful of people want is the problem.

For instance a 1/3 Thor from Norse mythology, you could get buyers that are into mythology and also comics (not the die hard needs to be in a marvel costume fans).

You can't create some random ARH vampire character in 1/3 scale and expect people to buy it.
Make it with a fully nude option and they don't seem to run into too many issues....unless the final product doesn't include the nude feature and no one was notified (Sha-ryn). Ironically enough, Sha-ryn is one of my favorite sculpts from them.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #54
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post

XM was soliciting one of the best Thor mythology based sculpts I've seen and couldn't get 300 orders for it and had to be cancelled so yeah wouldn't count on that ;p
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:52 AM   #55
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
XM was soliciting one of the best Thor mythology based sculpts I've seen and couldn't get 300 orders for it and had to be cancelled so yeah wouldn't count on that ;p
True but was it 1/3 scale for around $800? I'm just saying if your going to make a 1/3 scale item it needs to reach a little further than the small handful of people that only want some nude women on a shelf.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #56
dao2
Cyclops

A nice thor in 1/3 is going to be more than $800, it's going to require a lot more detail than arkhalla.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #57
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
A nice thor in 1/3 is going to be more than $800, it's going to require a lot more detail than arkhalla.
Not if Thor is buck naked.
Arahom might tap into a whole new market there.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #58
SAB380
The X-Men

I think I might be one of the last ones even looking at this subform now

Anyway, just having a look at BBTS and I saw that both the 1/3 Cleopatra and 1/3 Arkhalla are in stock there.

With Arahom's comments that 1/3 scale is now too expensive to produce, this might your last chance to secure either of these 2 beauties brand new in this scale.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:43 PM   #59
Brandon
The X-Men

Why does ARH take so long to produce statues? It's not like they have any licencors to appease. There are custom groups, and other companies that can show concepts, have the concepts sculpted then produced all in a matter of months, but it takes ARH years to deliver once a concept has been shown. (HADES) Not saying other companies aren't guilty of this, but with ARH it seems to be the norm.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:48 PM   #60
stone eagle
Justice League

I think your questions have been answered over the years in old videos and posts by ARH, it may not be liked by collectors but I believe that ARH over extended itself financially with early licensed statues and hiring a work staff to then try to produce statues in house to try and make new statues to pay for old licensing fees.
I am guessing that sales didn't reach the numbers needed to build up cash reserves to pay other factories to make the newer statues since I'm sure they wanted to be paid up front before producing the newer statues.
As a customer we may never know the whole truth as to the delays but so far I have been very happy with the statue I have received (Arhian Forever) and hopefully soon the Valkyrie. I too hate the delays but love the finished product so far.....
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote