Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-07-2021, 10:34 PM   #21
Mikey23
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
You may “hate” it but it was not only created using a laser scan of RDJ’s actual face but the hair was punched so you might have a poor recall or seen a damaged one....no other Ironman statue had RDJ’s involvement. None.
I have this piece. Only thing I dont like is the base. Way to big. Don't need a 24" base for this statue. Other than that, I love it!
Mikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #22
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey23 View Post
I have this piece. Only thing I dont like is the base. Way to big. Don't need a 24" base for this statue. Other than that, I love it!
True, but it does light up the statue very well plus my base is signed by the late Stan Lee so hard to complain about it.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
You may “hate” it but it was not only created using a laser scan of RDJ’s actual face but the hair was punched so you might have a poor recall or seen a damaged one....no other Ironman statue had RDJ’s involvement. None.

https://youtu.be/E2VygorCi3s
I totally understood what you meant, but in the few cases where laser scans of an actors face have been used its been extremely hit and miss in the past for some reason. This was one of them that many in the community felt was a disappointment. True it was certainly the best in ‘statue form’ at the time (and may still be), but that’s not saying much given what’s currently been released by the competition.

But as long as you love it, that’s all that matters (honestly).
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #24
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

https://youtu.be/E2VygorCi3s
The fact it was laser scanned or if it had the actor's involvement doesn't mean it looks good, those factors are unrelated
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:13 AM   #25
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The fact it was laser scanned or if it had the actor's involvement doesn't mean it looks good, those factors are unrelated
“Good” is a subjective term. “Accurate” is not, and by measuring the dimensions of RDJ’s features and comparing them to those on the Cinemaquette profile it is by far the most accurate. “Good”/“bad”? Thats just your opinion. My rating is based on facts.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #26
generalszabo

Quote:
“Good” is a subjective term. “Accurate” is not, and by measuring the dimensions of RDJ’s features and comparing them to those on the Cinemaquette profile it is by far the most accurate. “Good”/“bad”? Thats just your opinion. My rating is based on facts.
Everything is an opinion mate, I never said it looked bad, just that the reasons you cite don't mean it is objectively better. There are no facts here, just opinions
Old 06-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #27
qz33
Doctor Doom

Apparently this announcement may not be or only be for a full figure but another lifesize bust!
Click image for larger version

Name:	196900125_4546047108757147_3143650978599411200_n.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	140152

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #28
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Apparently this announcement may not be or only be for a full figure but another lifesize bust!
Attachment 140152

sooo they're giving us the exact sideshow bust, but it's facing the other direction. Interesting choice by Queen Studios.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #29
qz33
Doctor Doom

They might be clever enough to have a trick up their sleeve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
sooo they're giving us the exact sideshow bust, but it's facing the other direction. Interesting choice by Queen Studios.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #30
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
They could copy a lot more and do them better than sideshow, they'd still make money as they look so good and are aimed at collectors who don't mind paying more

I'm really interested in this one but the cost makes me nervous, the only saving grace is that I'll have time to save up lol