Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 08-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
3rdScaleJustice
Frackin!

Hot toys's 1:6 2017 sdcc lineup

So sideshow has had over a dozen sixth scale figures from long released movies such as rouge one and valerian set to be "coming soon" for years yet there's been zero updates on whether these will ever be in production.
Has anyone heard any news on whether they were cancelled long ago or if they're hit by covid delays?
3rdScaleJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

I doubt the two characters from Valerian will ever surface, on the grounds of the movie not performing as well as expected. I actually like the movie.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #3
Bottled_Water
Birdman

More than likely cancelled. Blame Hot Toys, their decisions don't always make sense. For example, they made Ripley from Alien and a Warrior xenomorph from Aliens, but they don't make a Big Chap to pair with Nostromo Ripley or a Ripley from Aliens to pair with the Warrior alien. They make Rey and Finn from Star Wars, but not Poe Dameron from any of the films. ESB Han Solo is missing, as is 3C-PO. And there are plenty of others that should be made/released but Hot Toys continues to be mysterious.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #4
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Sideshow is the world wide distributor Hot Toys and buys the lion share of the figures. So one would think Sideshow has a direct channel of communication with Hot Toys. So either Sideshow is lazy in not updating the coming soon page or not contacting Hot Toys, or Hot Toys hasn’t provided a response on the status of the coming soon previewed figured.

Personally I believe it is Sideshow being lazy as there are other brands listed in the Coming Soon page for years.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:23 AM   #5
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Sideshow is the world wide distributor Hot Toys and buys the lion share of the figures. So one would think Sideshow has a direct channel of communication with Hot Toys. So either Sideshow is lazy in not updating the coming soon page or not contacting Hot Toys, or Hot Toys hasn’t provided a response on the status of the coming soon previewed figured.

Personally I believe it is Sideshow being lazy as there are other brands listed in the Coming Soon page for years.
It seems like that, those brands stay there forever. I hope it will not
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:49 PM   #6
3rdScaleJustice
Frackin!

Yeah seems plausible. SS's been gobbling up every franchise and product from handbags to toasters the past few years as well. I wonder if their statue and figures are backing up in the pipeline as a result. Either way the prices continue to skyrocket the smaller they get it seems, heh ^^;
3rdScaleJustice is offline   Reply With Quote