Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #531
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Awesome display VickPS! [Just out of curiosity, will you be getting the P1 Spinosaurus?]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:34 PM   #532
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Wow, I can't remember seeing photos of your IS statues in those glass cabinets... do you have a full pic?
Sure, sorry to disappoint however as what you saw in that picture is basically all there is currently.
Also not really the ideal time with all the wrapping (even inside the 1:5 Rex mouth lol), but here they are:

Quote:
Are those signs all from Prime1 statues? I saw some customs on eBay, I might pick them up at some point.
Yes they are, i think they scale perfectly with the IS pieces and truly add alot to the cabinet. The goat especially, i absolutely love it.
I'm also trying to keep everything licensed so no customs for me, and as you can imagine it's not really financially friendly at all since, with very few exceptions, only Regular versions were available locally.
Oh well, i was able to save some bucks with the Closed Mouth Raptor at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Awesome display VickPS! [Just out of curiosity, will you be getting the P1 Spinosaurus?]
Thanks buddy.

I would love to own the Spino, wish i had money and space to buy every single high-end Jurassic piece to be honest as i think they are all amazing, but can only afford the first movie.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:12 AM   #533
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Thanks for the pics, i love the memoribilia, i used to love collecting those candy eggs.
I need to get back glass display cabinets, everything just looks better, especially with lighting.
I also need that T-Rex attack diorama lol. Well, certainly set A. I was never able to pull the trigger while it was available.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:31 AM   #534
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What is the plastic wrap for on those statues? Also, what holds your glass shelves in place. I don't see any metal supports. Man, that looks precarious.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:17 PM   #535
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Thanks for the pics, i love the memoribilia, i used to love collecting those candy eggs.
I need to get back glass display cabinets, everything just looks better, especially with lighting.
I also need that T-Rex attack diorama lol. Well, certainly set A. I was never able to pull the trigger while it was available.
Yeah, to be honest most memorabilia was put in there just to fill the cabinets at the time, and half of the McDonald's stuff didn't fit in it unfortunately so i'm not sure they are going to stay there forever.
Glass cabinets look absolutely amazing in person no doubt, to me they are the best, but for photos and videos are sort of a mess i think due to all the reflections/refractions.
I'd say go for the IS attack diorama, it's an absolutely huge and impressive piece overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
What is the plastic wrap for on those statues?
The reason was explained in the previous page. Girlfriend was bothered by the smell of the plaster and paint we used to fill nail holes on the walls, and since we sleep there i conceded to have windows and door fully opened for a couple of days. It may be excessive, but i hate dust more than any other natural element in existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Also, what holds your glass shelves in place. I don't see any metal supports. Man, that looks precarious.
Metal supports are holding the P1 pieces:

Each glass shelf in the cabinet is kept in place by four metal supports, one for each angle.
Those cabinets as you see them endured a servo subwoofer at reference volume for three days, i only had to remove it from the room because the pieces inside were literally dancing during War of the Worlds.

It may not be ideal, sure, but i'm a sucker for aesthetics unfortunately.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:34 PM   #536
StefanCo
Birdman

Those heavy statues on glass shelves give me heart attacks, but what a nice collection.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:46 PM   #537
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
Those heavy statues on glass shelves give me heart attacks, but what a nice collection.
Thank you. Believe me, i know the feeling. I felt like this for a very long time, and still do at times to be honest, but after that subwoofer experience i'm kind of at peace.. it was a literal earthquake simulator afterall.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:25 PM   #538
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Thanks for sharing some collection photos, Vick. The glass shelves make me nervous, but they sure look nice. I've always liked the look of glass shelving.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #539
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
Thanks for sharing some collection photos, Vick. The glass shelves make me nervous, but they sure look nice. I've always liked the look of glass shelving.
Thank you brother.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #540
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Guys a question on the gate flames for those who have the piece.

When i first tried it, pressing the "I" would turn the flames on and pressing it again would turn them off.
Today i noticed they were dimmer already, so i put new batteries in. But now pressing the "I" would turn the flames on, and pressing it again would make them dimmer and flicker like real flames.

What the heck is going on, is it broken already?
Or is it like this on yours too and the only way to turn them off is to remove the batteries entirely?