Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #101
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If I were to purchase it, o would hate myself if I wouldn't go with the DX ver. This is a first piece in years that has me excited and worried at the same time. I think I would be ready to call it a day as far as my statue collecting goes. It just doesn't feel like it used to. This...this is different.

Question for any of you outside of US that ordered from BBTS before - they're shipping seems very competitive, even for me, living in Ireland. Would the shipping really be that cheap as 20-40 usd for bigger statues?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #102
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Very very interesting and makes tons of sense. Thanks for the info, that explains why I've seen so many pics of her outside the game with her blonde hair instead.

Oh man, can't wait for this to come up for PO! I dunno if we'll see it before the end of the year or not but can certainly hope so. The BEST final fantasy ever made in my opinion and have played almost all of them, sans some of the niche ones that came out on handheld devices.... such a (hidden?) gem. They captured this perfectly.
I agree. It's always been my favorite, even over 7.

If I manage to get the deluxe (provided there is two versions) I will definitely be having one of them customized to have the green hair. Maybe two as I love both the orb pose and the sword pose.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #103
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I agree. It's always been my favorite, even over 7.

If I manage to get the deluxe (provided there is two versions) I will definitely be having one of them customized to have the green hair. Maybe two as I love both the orb pose and the sword pose.
I'd love that too, the green hair is very nostalgic to me as this is basically the RPG that got me into video games. As much as I love final fantasy 7, there's some things that are just a little tedious to me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of it but I thought 6 was just a masterpiece all the way through.... so much so I've finished it multiple times.

My wife is quite skilled at painting, I am sure she could turn one torso into the green haired variant for me
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #104
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'd love that too, the green hair is very nostalgic to me as this is basically the RPG that got me into video games. As much as I love final fantasy 7, there's some things that are just a little tedious to me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of it but I thought 6 was just a masterpiece all the way through.... so much so I've finished it multiple times.

My wife is quite skilled at painting, I am sure she could turn one torso into the green haired variant for me
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel it's a piece I just have to get no matter what. Of course, the size could be a factor too.

I watched a video last night of a petite lady unboxing the Prime 1 Berserk Zodd Apostle piece and the damn base was as large as her coffee table.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #105
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Stunning piece of art, I have no connection to it as I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games though.

Do you need to have played the previous games or can you just jump straight into playing VI ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:00 PM   #106
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Stunning piece of art, I have no connection to it as I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games though.

Do you need to have played the previous games or can you just jump straight into playing VI ?
You can just jump in. Though, I don't know where you could play the game these days.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:03 PM   #107
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Yeah there's no real reason to play them in any particular order. VI is often considered the best one. I consider IX to be quite strong too. X is very linear, but has a really memorable world and narrative. I would recommend avoiding anything after X though. XII has its charms, but XIII and XV are bad games. VIII is often considered one of the worst FF games as well. Can't really go wrong with 1-7 though, but 1-3 might feel a little dated for newcomers. IV was the first one to really establish a major narrative and cast so it feels like the main one to get the ball rolling.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #108
Westhelle
Hydra

FF10 is the best FF for newcomers. Its Final Fantasy in its purest form.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #109
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

BTW, for anyone who is a fan of Amano's artwork, this book set is a must. It's one of the most gorgeous set of art books I've ever seen, and comes in an amazing case. The slipcase contains three books, and second book (the largest), half of the book is dedicated to VI.

https://www.amazon.com/Sky-Art-Final.../dp/1616551607
Old 11-03-2021, 07:18 PM   #110
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You can just jump in. Though, I don't know where you could play the game these days.
he can get it in PS3 (but he needs to have ps4 or ps5 to put money in wallet). i got it for $5 on ps3 as digital copy. he can also emulate it for free (orginal ps1 title).

about the other post, you don't need to play the previous title. they are all different story. some of them share the same world but different time line story all together.

i love FF7 and FF9. FF8 is good but don't like the junction system and how the enemies level with you. i was lv 99 and when i went to fight odin and king tomberry, their health were in millions and took me so long to kill them. Lost interest in FF series since the 10, though i did like the sphere grid system. watched my sister play ff12 and found rather boring. same goes for FF15. FF15 had potential but they completely went lazy. the outpost seemed like copy paste, had tedious fetch quest if not than just bounties. all the stories were broken up and sold separately (unless you got the royal edition which released way later).

FF6 i am still playing but i hear its is just as good as ff7 and 9. i started the game and left my character in the beginning and haven't went back to continue. I left it where she was in a cave and was surrounded by moogles; pretty much the intro lol.

FF7R i had some doubt but it came out to be pretty good and really enjoyed it. except for long tunels in some areas which felt like a padded to increase the game length and same goes for two puzzles Tifa does (really didn't see any purpose in them) and a very final scene. While there are many thing original does better, there are few things i like in the remake more. like the character development and indept about the avalanche, this time i actually felt for Jessie Bigs and Wedge. I really like the train graveyard in the remake as well.

I am looking forward to FF16 and FF7R part 2.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote