Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #1551
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatikone View Post
I swear, some of you guys ( present female company excluded, since she has a damned good reason to be upset ) know how to suck the fun right out of a hobby, don't you?
Ive had nothing but praise for this line since it started and ive always had positive things to say about it.. but ive been burned three times recently by sideshow with this line (first with the art print fiasco.. i had ordered every CoTD print framed thinking these were signed and then now seeing that i overpaid for queen when i could have saved myself at least $100.. and last every CoTD statue after queen has had serious delays) i still love this line and will be ordering more but lets just say im alot more skeptical about ordering from sideshow now.

And tbh i think some of us have good reason to air our grievences.. its sideshows fault for misleading people with the art prints.. its their fault queen is selling well below retail.. and its their fault that all the CoTD has had major delays. We are paying custumers that have invested alot of money and have been let down. I think its only fair people can voice their opinions on the matter this is a forum afterall. Not everything is gonna be great fantastic positive news..
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #1552
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thing is, if everything didn't end up the way it does with SS, you wouldn't see all of the upset customers right now.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #1553
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
YIKES!
I am not happy with my Queen piece, but I am still not that bitter.
I actually think she is perfect except for that stupid back tattoo.
You would think that would be the easy part, applying a decal. The paint actually came out stunning.
They really screwed me over with this whole Queen ordeal back then. It's more the way of how the behaved towards me as an international customer, than having bad feelings towards the line. That whole Queen joke ended up costing me ~$300 and a lot of frustration.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #1554
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
They really screwed me over with this whole Queen ordeal back then. It's more the way of how the behaved towards me as an international customer, than having bad feelings towards the line. That whole Queen joke ended up costing me ~$300 and a lot of frustration.
Yeah, I feel your pain. We both had bad lucky with Queenie. I am sure I would be even more bitter if I was outside of the US.

I would say that they need to start inspecting pieces, but I've had two Queens supposedly inspected and they were both terrible. All they do is hold your piece for a couple weeks, to make it sound like they looked it over. But I am pretty sure it is a lie.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #1555
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

They came at me like spitfire, but were all messed up. None were checked, no way. Anywho, that was the point I decided to let all orders from SS bleed and stop collecting them on PO. Only Dardevil left and then a buttload of reward points. Maybe wait for the new Red Sonja to spend them on and call it quits.

Super happy with Gaming Heads, Gentle Giant and other companies. Looking into ARH at the moment too.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #1556
grphyx1
Kingpin

at this rate I may not be able to use my coupon on Xiall
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #1557
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
They came at me like spitfire, but were all messed up. None were checked, no way. Anywho, that was the point I decided to let all orders from SS bleed and stop collecting them on PO. Only Dardevil left and then a buttload of reward points. Maybe wait for the new Red Sonja to spend them on and call it quits.

Super happy with Gaming Heads, Gentle Giant and other companies. Looking into ARH at the moment too.
So what Gaming Head statue have you got?
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #1558
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Garrus, Liara, Gordon, Headcrab, Kratos, Tank...

Tali Underway and Mordin too. Morrigan as well actually... quite a few now I mention it :S
Old 09-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #1559
Gollum
The Herculoids

If you don't have much money just collect this line it will give you plenty time to save up before they are released

I just hope the time they are taking will make these statues masterpieces if they are like the Queen then this line is doomed
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #1560
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
If you don't have much money just collect this line it will give you plenty time to save up before they are released

I just hope the time they are taking will make these statues masterpieces if they are like the Queen then this line is doomed
Nothing wrong with my Queen, so let's be clear that while some people have undoubtedly had issues others have not. Still, there is room for improvement overall, that I'll give you.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote