Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-15-2021, 08:47 PM   #111
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i was just sent invoice for this statue, looks like it will be ship soon. just this month i have gotten 6 invoices for different statues. gonna have to make some room.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #112
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i was just sent invoice for this statue, looks like it will be ship soon. just this month i have gotten 6 invoices for different statues. gonna have to make some room.
Where did you order from? I know FNC should have sent their invoices out by now.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:14 PM   #113
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Where did you order from? I know FNC should have sent their invoices out by now.
SpecFiction. i saw the preorder with FNC but went with SpecFiction. $900 for statue + $190 shipping.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:47 AM   #114
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is the note I got with my SF invoice. I had to go snail mail with Toy Okoku they wanted $700 for DHL.

*** PLEASE READ*** Mai Shiranui 1/4 Scale by Trieagles will be shipping soon. ETA for this item is SEPTEMBER 20th 2021. This serves as your invoice for the balance and/or SHIPPING COSTS. You DO NOT have to pay your balance now but please pay your balance no later than SEPTEMBER 10th 2021 . . . . . . . CUSTOMERS WITH FLEXPAY - If you'd like to pay off your order early, please pay off your balance in your partial. ly account and pay the shipping invoice. If you want to keep your payment plan as is, you do not need to do anything. Please continue on your payment schedule and pay your shipping after you pay off your balance on the item. . . . . Please reply to this invoice with any questions. Thanks for your patience & support of SFC.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #115
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
This is the note I got with my SF invoice. I had to go snail mail with Toy Okoku they wanted $700 for DHL.

*** PLEASE READ*** Mai Shiranui 1/4 Scale by Trieagles will be shipping soon. ETA for this item is SEPTEMBER 20th 2021. This serves as your invoice for the balance and/or SHIPPING COSTS. You DO NOT have to pay your balance now but please pay your balance no later than SEPTEMBER 10th 2021 . . . . . . . CUSTOMERS WITH FLEXPAY - If you'd like to pay off your order early, please pay off your balance in your partial. ly account and pay the shipping invoice. If you want to keep your payment plan as is, you do not need to do anything. Please continue on your payment schedule and pay your shipping after you pay off your balance on the item. . . . . Please reply to this invoice with any questions. Thanks for your patience & support of SFC.
Spec? Toy Okoku? Did you order 2, 1 from each store?
Old 08-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #116
eternalblue02

Quote:
Spec? Toy Okoku? Did you order 2, 1 from each store?
Yes Mai was a first time order from TO to test the waters and SF was for backup. I ended up ordering the Metal Slug 2 dio from TO because at the time they were the only ones with it up for order. I got that piece first and had no problems so I kept the TO Mai and cancelled my SF order. You can’t be too careful with new stores especially overseas.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #117
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yes Mai was a first time order from TO to test the waters and SF was for backup. I ended up ordering the Metal Slug 2 dio from TO because at the time they were the only ones with it up for order. I got that piece first and had no problems so I kept the TO Mai and cancelled my SF order. You can’t be too careful with new stores especially overseas.
And that 700 shipping via DHL is USD?
Old 08-17-2021, 01:10 AM   #118
ivory7777

toy okoku shipping price has gone insane like prime one. the statue i got from them was around 600 USD and shipping i paid was little over 300 USD.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #119
eternalblue02

Quote:
And that 700 shipping via DHL is USD?
Correct. Mai was around $260 for SEA shipping which takes 2 months. I had unlicensed Resident Evil pieces on PO before Covid started going for around $400. I had to cancel a bunch of them because the shipping was double the price of the statue 2 years later. This is why I haven’t been posting pictures lately. I have to be selective in what I buy.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #120
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Finally got the chance to check my copy today. Quick review.

Character + base design: 9.5
Mai was sculpted with a very pretty face, proportions are great and she has ample curves in all the right places. That juicy, perfect, spankalicious butt and long shapely legs will have you staring for a good while. Would've given a 10 if not for the breasts which appear slightly blocky when viewed directly from the front. Base and lighting aesthetics are excellent too. I personally would've preferred the main base to be lighter, it feels abit too heavy and bulky, but that's a personal preference thing so I won't take marks off for that.

Build quality: 8
While it looked great initially while in styrofoam, some fitting problems began to manifest once assembly commenced. The biggest offenders are the pegs on both feet not fully matching their respective holes on the base. Basically had to slightly pry her legs open to fit into the hole, and the fit was so tight I was scared to put it all the way in, incase one leg snaps (Sounds dirty I know, but that's an accurate description, straight up). This should not be happening with a ~$1k statue if it went through proper QC and test-fitting. There were also some other minor fitting problems with some parts where the gaps at the joints were abit too big, but nothing major.

Paint quality: 8.5
Overall paintjob was excellent, skin tone is realistic, lips look wet and supple and eyes look exceptional for a non glass-eye statue. What stops it getting a 10 is some weird whitish spray residue crap on her hair where the ponytail plugs in, again something that shouldn't have been overlooked during QC.

Overall: 9
Despite the 2 major issues (foot pegs + white spray residue on hair) which are somewhat manageable, I'm still pretty happy with her, coz she's just so damn sexy and pretty to look at. She is probably the second best 1/4 scale statue I own, right behind HMO's incredible Morrigan.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote