Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
With that print being restricted to one per person, how is it possible he got a hold at least 4?
After visiting the EB boards frequently in the last few months and learning how many people openly use scripts there I wouldn't be surprised.

I however am surprised that the seller would flip for much less than the going rate. That would raise a red flag for me.
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #32
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
After visiting the EB boards frequently in the last few months and learning how many people openly use scripts there I wouldn't be surprised.

I however am surprised that the seller would flip for much less than the going rate. That would raise a red flag for me.
eBay busted him, I got a full refund this morning and his listing were removed. Gods way of telling me to stay away from this metal edition.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
eBay busted him, I got a full refund this morning and his listing were removed. Gods way of telling me to stay away from this metal edition.
Nice work bro; glad you got covered and are not out anything.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Nice work bro; glad you got covered and are not out anything.
Thanks, I'm staying away from this one.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #35
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I emailed that guy a day ago about the same thing and never got a response. Crook written all over the listing. Glad you got your money back.

This is why im not seriously going after this print until after its shipping date from mondo.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #36
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice! eBay finally came through for once.

I think the only way I'd buy another metal print is from a fellow collector. Either here or on EB, like I did with my Stout Drive. Shipping these properly takes some knowledge and skill. Something I wouldn't be comfortable trusting to your average eBay seller.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

I think the only way I'd buy another metal print is from a fellow collector. Either here or on EB, like I did with my Stout Drive. Shipping these properly takes some knowledge and skill. Something I wouldn't be comfortable trusting to your average eBay seller.
The trick was getting an ebay rep in america. The ones in India or Manila could give a damn but finally I got thru to someone in the states and they were only to happy to bust this joker.

Always ask to be transferred to an American representative, no matter the American company. I'm told its illegal for them not to do it. I know when I call American Express & Amazon they do it without delay.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post

Even if they could complete the checkout process multiple times, wouldn't Mondo recognize the same billing and shipping address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

One of the reasons why I'll be picking up mine locally.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #39
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I wonder what the guy was going to do? Take the money and run? eBay/Paypal requires some kind of bank/credit card info these days. And that seller had some feedback. Even if they managed to steal a credit card/bank account, eBay/Paypal would still have some valid info to track the person down.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #40
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I wonder what the guy was going to do? Take the money and run? eBay/Paypal requires some kind of bank/credit card info these days. And that seller had some feedback. Even if they managed to steal a credit card/bank account, eBay/Paypal would still have some valid info to track the person down.
I don't understand some people's thinking when running scams like this. All that work and headache only to make 2-3k?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote