Who sculpted her? Beautiful the face
Steve Lord.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:16 PM   #232
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
In person, did those energy trails look like painted, opaque or clear/colored resin?

If they are only colored, I was thinking it might be possible to discretely wire some SMDs to light them up.
Having those trails lit, would make the whole thing pop brilliantly.

That's without going to the trouble and expense of recasting those parts to do itm which would always be a possibility if you had the skillset.

The portrait is beautiful and I love that the flying pose is suspending her legs.
Like Psylocke, I just wish I cared about the character enough to justify a purchase.
Opaque, I guess?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:42 PM   #233
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I'd pickup the previous costume in a heartbeat, still like this a lot though.

Came into the hobby too late. Would love a minor update but Marvel has clearly moved on to the new look.

This was the first statue that clued me into how big a difference there could be between the prototype that motivates you to place the order, and the actual production piece you eventually receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Opaque, I guess?
That's too bad. I honestly couldn't tell, as the base also seemed to have a kind of an almost clear, milky resin look to it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:25 AM   #234
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

Came into the hobby too late. Would love a minor update but Marvel has clearly moved on to the new look.

I fully agree I think that costume is phenomenal

I can?t really say that the new costume is horrible. I?m not the biggest fan of it but I just think if the coloring of the costume was a little bit different maybe a deeper blue and a deeper red or maybe of the blue and the red were reversed I might like it a little bit more

I guess I never understood some of the logic behind the new costume because even though the character was in the military a lot of the design aspects of this newer costume were military-based which that wasn?t really a strong focus for her over the past few years whenever they gave her this new costume. But to be honest the new costume does Translate a little bit better into the film than what I think the classic Dave Cockrum costume would have. However that would?ve been a cool costume to see on film
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:02 AM   #235
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Sweet lord! If this was redone in full sculpt with an environmental base or a Danger Room base, I would be blown away!!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #236
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
However that would've been a cool costume to see on film
It could so easily have been done as well. They could have had airforce Carol - i.e. pre-powers - swimming in a black swimsuit with the lightning bolt on it and then maybe she wraps a loose red sarong round her waist when she got out.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:45 AM   #237
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
It could so easily have been done as well. They could have had airforce Carol - i.e. pre-powers - swimming in a black swimsuit with the lightning bolt on it and then maybe she wraps a loose red sarong round her waist when she got out.
That is true

I was thinking her in that entire outfit flying or battling a super villain
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #238
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Kind of like how Netflix had a quick scene of Luke Cage in his classic outfit after he escaped the prison lab that gave him his powers.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:56 PM   #239
Augen
Metal Men

I love when they do cheaper more comic accurate costumes like for Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Captain Marvel could even have a black tank top with a yellow lightning bolt and a red belt and I'd be like "nice, the costume I grew up with in Avengers comics".
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:25 PM   #240
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Kind of like how Netflix had a quick scene of Luke Cage in his classic outfit after he escaped the prison lab that gave him his powers.

That was hilarious as you saw it coming together as he was grabbing the various stuff...
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote